the previous owner was a fu^$ing dumba$$

OLDSKOOLACURA

i got my 95 ls turbo teg a few months ago, and when i got it it had a rough idle (guy already told me), so i figured vac leak, tps, or even timing. it would jump up to 1500 then almost stall and keep doing that. i don't care because it's a project car and i'm tearing the motor out anyway. well my buddy and i where trying to fix it, we found the vac leak, then also found out this dumbass put on the throttle cable on wrong (i know, i'll have to take a pic). then outta nowhere it wouldn't go past 3000k, i got a new tps checked everything, pulled the ecu.............still shit. so i took the ecu out (he said it was tuned with chrome, i'm doing hondata with jeff evans tuning) and i pulled the cover off the ecu and one part of it looks like someone took a blow torch to it (part of it just fryed). so i was like WTF i checked the fuses all where good, but the ecu back up is suppose to be 7.5A and there isn't one under the hood, so my guess is he had a 10A and because it was to high the ecu fryed insead of the fuse.

any ideas, i'm going to get all this taken care of when i start working on the car but it's just hurting my head with this dumbass did to the engine bay. othere then that the car is fine. i'm not pissed cause i still made out, but i'm pissed at his rat nest job he did.

sorry for the long post

o and there are no clips on the injectors...lol wtf

Last edited:

Screech

beer budget white trash
Ive done no clips on injectors before.
better than my last teg I bought from a girl. she said it was the timing belt, "a certified mechanic" looked at it she said.
My wife pulled the dipstick out and said, "your certified mechanic is a fuckin retard. your out of oil and fried the engine trying to drive it around troubleshooting."
I am not sure what your question was. if having a 10a fuse would fry the ecu? having the 10a and a short would, but not just a 10a fuse.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
Ive done no clips on injectors before.
better than my last teg I bought from a girl. she said it was the timing belt, "a certified mechanic" looked at it she said.
My wife pulled the dipstick out and said, "your certified mechanic is a fuckin retard. your out of oil and fried the engine trying to drive it around troubleshooting."
I am not sure what your question was. if having a 10a fuse would fry the ecu? having the 10a and a short would, but not just a 10a fuse.
The fact that is was a 10A fuse instead of 7.5 allowed too much current to flow to the ECU frying it. If it was only a 7.5A fuse it and tried to draw 8A of power it would have blown. Make sense?

dude im sorry you got stuck with this shit. but this is just one more reason to avoid buying modded cars

mirrorimg

Live and learn. This is typically what happens when you buy older modified vehicles. Notorious for cut corners.

I rebuilt my entire motor because I was burning 1-2 qts a week.

OLDSKOOLACURA

The fact that is was a 10A fuse instead of 7.5 allowed too much current to flow to the ECU frying it. If it was only a 7.5A fuse it and tried to draw 8A of power it would have blown. Make sense?
dude im sorry you got stuck with this shit. but this is just one more reason to avoid buying modded cars
yep,

yea i really wish it was a stock teg he had so i would have a fresh base to start from, but it's not too big of a deal. i have the b17 that's in the car and another one he gave me that has a spun bearing, and it has a gsr tranny. i'm going to buy a whole new motor harness so i don't even have to fuck with his dumbass mess, and get all new tubes. i'm going to keep both motors but i'm prob going to drop a b20 or b18 in the car and use the turbo that was on the car. i'm just one of those people that when it comes to my cars and bike i'm very anal about details, not only do i want it done right but i also want it to look good to.

what i was asking..lol.. was what would cause the car not to go over 3000rpm, i'm guess it was the ecu that made it do that. my friends cousin has a crx (just exhaust and intake) and his is doing the samething. thanks for the comments, and prob next summer i'm going to be starting a thread on the build, it's going to take awhile tho because i'm also doing some work to my legend too :)