Thermostat Goes straight to H when I turn it on

cinzunza

Hello,
I have a 2001 Integra, GS. It has 59,000 original miles. Check Engine light came on two weeks ago, but just yesterday I notive the temp gauge staying at H. I have let it sit for a day and I when I turned it on it still went straight to "H" I checked the engine's fluids and hoses and everything seems fine. Nothing seems to be burning. Has this happen to anyone and if so can you let me know what the problem was?

Thanks in advance :???:

MrGurley

************5-0
sounds like the cluster is the issue if it goes strait to hot when you turn the car on

Last edited:

cinzunza

Thanks for the reponses guys, appreciate it.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
sounds like the cluster is the issue if it goes strait to hot when you firm the car on
but if the cluster is the issue, shouldnt it not drop to cold when off? if anything, find someone who could swap clusters to check. that would be easiest first.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

MrGurley

************5-0
but if the cluster is the issue, shouldnt it not drop to cold when off? if anything, find someone who could swap clusters to check. that would be easiest first.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.
it could, the 2 that ive seen with temp issues went back to cold when the car was off

cinzunza

Can you guys let me know where the cluster is and how I can tell if it doesn't work?? Not sure I get it..Going to relay this info to my husband. THNKS!!

MrGurley

************5-0
oh man... its probably the actual gauge cluster that is the issue... the thing your looking at to read the speed, rpms, temp, and fuel....

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Does the temp gauge go to full H with just the ignition switch to ON? Or does the engine have to run? If so, how long does it take?