Thermostat/power loss

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
Hi!, I have been having thermostat problems temp gauge moves up & down while driving. The other day my car lost power for a couple seconds then kicked back on. And I havent drove it since. Any answers would be great.

patrick4588

Integra God
how do you know its the thermostat? have you checked your coolant level? radiator cap? compression or leakdown test to see if you maybe have a blown headgasket?

wite2nr

check your coolant level, and even though you might have coolant in the overflow bottle, open up the radiator and double check that it is full as well. I've had an empty radiator / full overflow bottle before. also, are your fans comming on?

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
The rat level is full, same with runoff. When the head gasket goes, is that associated with power loss.

patrick4588

Integra God
yeah it can be. take a look at your dipstick and see what your oil looks like. if its milky or frothy your headgasket is blown. you can get a hydrocarbon tester for 15 bucks at advanced auto and that will tell you if exhaust fumes are getting into the coolant system (symptom of blown headgasket).

xusake

i have the same problem too but hasnt lost power but my temp gauge is at c when im driving and when i idel the car the temp come back to the middle of c/h. anyhelp on this problem too guys?

amaestre32

falty temp gauge sensor? test it, that might be the problem. does it bounce? because mine bounces when i put a load on it jumps up and then goes back to the middle when the loads off. idk i think it might be a bad ground? not sure.

xusake

for me i dont think it a bad ground becuz if u look at the radiator hose line going to the motor it all puffy and it seems like the coolen water cant go into the motor. so im not sure if it the thermostats that is bad or somthing. i havent check if it the thermostats.

xusake

hrmm i'm not sure i'll have to check on that. But off topic for abit here haha, i wanna join your "ban" patrick4588 because it seems like i can't spell. Can i join?

xusake

yeah i was thinking that, but i live in the country side so im kinda busy only get to play with the car on weekend. but i think ill just flush it and change the thermostat.