TheSylntChamber's 99 GSR

TheSylntChamber

I sold my CRX a few weeks ago and have been looking around at different cars, but wanted to pretty much stay in Honda/Acura. As usual most of the crap I found was way over priced and a lot had issues I didn't want to deal with right off.

Found this one on craigslist listed for $5k even about 4 hours away from me. Got him down to $4200 before I even drove up there and another $100 once I got there. Most of the other LS tegs I had seen were going for the same price with similar or more issues. Never had an Integra, so overall I think It was a decent price.

1999 Integra GSR 125k

Things that will be getting changed ASAP:
OEM tail lights (already ordered a set on eBay. Went with a 94-96 style, might go for the all red later if I don't like them)
Different exhaust. Under load the exhaust is so loud I can feel my brain vibrating. At least it's deep pitched I guess.
Came on 17" rims with new tires. Will try to trade someone for some 16"s
Has a small patch on the roof where the clear coat is faded. Other than that the paint and body are great. Will get the roof painted, or just wait for a full respray.
Remove the mesh grille, red Acura emblems, and stickras

On the way home I noticed a few times that the rear right brake was squeaking/scrubbing. I decided to go ahead and replace the brakes today. Drivers side rear came off and went on without a problem. Still had a ok amount of pad left. The passengers side was a different nightmare.

The pads were completely gone and the piston was seized out. I tried my damnedest to get the piston to go back in, but it was bending tools and not moving. Ended up just buying a new one. Saved $15 for going ahead and ordering the front brake pads with the caliper purchase so looks like the front brakes will be changed as well.

Yummm nice minty fresh

Tonight I decided to pull out the gauge cluster to get rid of the white face gauges and the "chrome" trim. The switch wires, for the reverse glow gauges, were ran under the dash so I dropped the panel to find this.

It's a neon tube which I traced the wires going behind the radio and up under the carpet. I decided to take the console out to have access to the wires to go ahead and remove them. As I pulled the console off I find this:

The controllers to the neon's which are controlled by a switch that is tapped into the console. There is another neon under the dash on the passenger side and one under each seat. So needless to say they will be removed. It got to dark to continue so more on that later.

The gauges were pulled and the "chrome" bezel was held on with this tar like substance. It was an udder nightmare to get it off. I stood at the sink for no telling how long wet sanding it. Then rubbed it forever with fingernail polish remover till I finally got it all off.

Needless to say afterwords the plastic surround was scratched up so I decided to redo it. Went with a gunmetal metallic.

I don't have a picture of just the gauge by itself. But you can see it here.

After:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
:shockl:
Previous owner :hithead:

I've had to replace my rear calipers too, at 144K. And the front pass. calpier at 151K. I have a '95 GSR.
You've got a heck of a shiny exhaust manifold heatshield, what part of the country do you live?

Glad to see another Integra saved by someone with taste and can turn a wrench.:thumbs up

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
:welcome:

Let the modifications begin!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
on the knee boulster on the dash dont connect the thing that goes into that black relay box with the green plug. its the maitnence requierd switch.

TheSylntChamber

:shockl:
Previous owner :hithead:

I've had to replace my rear calipers too, at 144K. And the front pass. calpier at 151K. I have a '95 GSR.
You've got a heck of a shiny exhaust manifold heatshield, what part of the country do you live?

Glad to see another Integra saved by someone with taste and can turn a wrench.:thumbs up
Yikes. Is it a common issue with these cars or something?

on the knee boulster on the dash dont connect the thing that goes into that black relay box with the green plug. its the maitnence requierd switch.
Why would I not plug it back in?

TheSylntChamber

Cleared out the useless wiring and items out today. Ended up with a nice pile:

Apparently I have an alarm also. Kept it in for now as I found two remotes, but both were dead. Maybe it will actually work once I get the batteries.

Daybid

Dump or Die.
maybe keep the brake one so you can heel-toe easier haha but... DERICEEEE no mesh grill por favor

D-MART90DA9

MY CAR IS A AUTOBOT
lol keep up the good work make sure u clip those wire ends so nothing shorts out lol trust me it sucks when it does when ur dash just starts flowing smoke

TheSylntChamber

maybe keep the brake one so you can heel-toe easier haha but... DERICEEEE no mesh grill por favor
Well unfortunately who ever installed the grille cut out the OEM one, so I'm just going to take this one out, primer it, and hit it with some flat black and reinstall it.

Welcome. Redoing that alarm wiring will be fun. Im working on mine right now ;)
Yeah so far I have gotten lucky and most of the crap they did was easy to fix. The alarm actually still works after the new remote batteries. I'm going to keep it for now and whenever I rewire it for a audio setup later just rewire with the new alarm and kill switches.