Thinking about buying this 5 speed teg?

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
I've decided I really don't want to try to build my auto. As clean as it is, it will never have the capabilities that a 5 speed would on it's level unless I did an auto to manual swap. I found this red 5 speed da near me. Timing belt, water pump were just done. Guy said this about the suspension and brakes "The whole entire suspension I changed exactly a year ago. KYB shocks, coilovers, front and rear cambers, front and rear control arms, oem brembo rotors all around with oem acura brake pads, master cylinder new brake fluid, tires, everything I did was brand new." Guy was selling for $1800, but he said if he fixed the rust under the passenger door, it'd be $2100. Here's some pics:

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cvcrcr99

How does the body of this car compare to your current? If your current DA is better, I would just stick with what you have and do the AT to MT swap. No sense in swapping around cars when you will have to pay the same amount in body work as it would be to AT to MT. Both cars are clean titles, no accident history etc?

Mike61096

If the ad expired, isn't it sold by now?
Nope. He just hasn't sold it in the 40 days it was on cl for.

How does the body of this car compare to your current? If your current DA is better, I would just stick with what you have and do the AT to MT swap. No sense in swapping around cars when you will have to pay the same amount in body work as it would be to AT to MT. Both cars are clean titles, no accident history etc?
My car has it's share of rust on it too; just on the surface though, no holes. A scrape under the passenger door and a little quarter sized bit on the driver side fender. 4 owners, most of it's life was in cali and no accidents, mine also has the carpet cut out because of a leak I had. This guy's car has that rust hole under the door and the paint is fading on the roof and hood. My paint is decent for the most part. Pics:

I have a build thread here if anyone wants to look a my car:

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=87173

Last edited:

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
I'd be concerned with that rust damage...

Being a unibody style car you can see from the pic that rust is all the way through the runner and down to where the body is tacked to the floorpan...

If you do buy it see what he is talking about as far as the repairs... make sure his intention is to cut out that rusted metal and weld in new steel... Evewn then unless he is a certified autobody repair tech I'd be wary... still price for a car with that sort of damage is a little high..

a repair like that would cost you upwards of 500+ bucks at most body shops.

I disagree with the person who said to just do an auto to manual swap... Many guys I know on g2ic that have done it have all run into small issues that required extra time and effort to get repaired.

Mike61096

I thought the same thing. And there's no way I'm doing that swap...

Mike61096

The guy said he'll let the car go for $1700 if he doesn't pay to have the rust repaired. He said he'd rather sell the car as is.

Mike61096

It won't hurt to check it out in person and test drive it to make sure it drives good.
What about the rust and fading paint? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it too much, but I want to get a 5 speed for a B18C type r swap and I can't spend hundreds fixing rust and paint that should be going towards a motor and other bits and ends.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
Like I said... that rust damage is all the way down the runner and through the unibody welds...

that passenger side is structurally damaged as it sits. For 1700 bucks you can find something better... Hell I just sold my DA for 1900 cause I wanna start looking for GSR to build...

1700 is a pipe dream if you ask me... that car is on it's way to cracking in half LOL... get it for 1200... then take it to a body guy to have that rust cut out and new steel welded in... then get it painted :)

Fading paint is not so much an issue most 20 somehting year old cars are gonna have paint issues...

Mike61096

Like I said... that rust damage is all the way down the runner and through the unibody welds...

that passenger side is structurally damaged as it sits. For 1700 bucks you can find something better... Hell I just sold my DA for 1900 cause I wanna start looking for GSR to build...

1700 is a pipe dream if you ask me... that car is on it's way to cracking in half LOL... get it for 1200... then take it to a body guy to have that rust cut out and new steel welded in... then get it painted :)

Fading paint is not so much an issue most 20 somehting year old cars are gonna have paint issues...
Even with all the suspension work? I mean I found these other two if not though. One for $2800 and another for $1300. The one for $1300 has quarter panel rust on one side though.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/3856333175.html

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/3937722864.html