Thinking about changing my oil on 1994 GS-R. Overshot 3K miles.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
I have about 180,000 miles on my 1994 GS-R. My last oil change was over 3K miles ago.

So I searched through the forums and my buddy suggested I go with 'fully synthetic high mileage' oil ?
I was hoping someone could clarify this for me, also what weight I should get, 5w or 10w, which is better, and some suggestions on good brands for a good price. I heard Royal Purple was for 'beast' haha, and a lot of people were talking about Mobil1. But, someone said Mobil1 is only 18% Synthetic mixed with Conventional oil?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ive herd high milage oils suck but i would stick with regular mobile 1 or royal purple 10w30. or since you buy royal purple i would get a thicker weight eneos or motul or even elf oils or ams oil

ImElvis

Sup yo'
ive herd high milage oils suck but i would stick with regular mobile 1 or royal purple 10w30. or since you buy royal purple i would get a thicker weight eneos or motul or even elf oils or ams oil
So I should get 10w30 oil all the time?

OlegWasHere

just got my five quarts and oil filter today 35$ 10w-30

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Could you explain the differences between 5w and 10w, besides the viscosity of each? As in, can I get more performance from one than the other, and such.
5w oils are more viscous than 10w at colder oil temperatures. But none of this matters once the oil warms up because they are both 30 weight oils either way. The difference between the two is negligible.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
5w oils are more viscous than 10w at colder oil temperatures. But none of this matters once the oil warms up because they are both 30 weight oils either way. The difference between the two is negligible.
Oh okay. Thanks :)

FWDFTL

bobistheoilguy.com

Mobil 1 EP is still some of the best off the shelf synthetic you can buy.

You guys still change the oil in your cars? I just thought you were supposed to add it after it gets burned off?? :lol:

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
i use mobile 1 extended performance 10w-30 fully synthetic, greatest oil you can buy IMO but its not cheap by any means

for your teg, you can just go with normal mobile one synthetic 10w-30, thats what id recommend. i love mobile 1 and wont use anything else.