Thinking about lowering my 93.

Jmuniez

So, soon enough I'm gonna be lowering my 93 teggy. I'm a bigger guy and was thinking how a 2inch drop would be? Considering speed bumps and whether or not I will need a camber kit. Also, give me suggestions on either lowering springs or just go all out for coilovers.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
1. a 2 inch drop will be fine. my friend is dropped NEAR 3 inches in his DC and he's about 6 feet and 200+ pounds. it seems fine.

2. a LOT of people, including myself, will recommend you get Full coilovers. Function&Form Type 1s are a great basic set at a mighty fine price. The ride quality is preset and cannot be changed, but it rides smooth for its price. best bang for your buck. if you're looking for a shock and spring combo, Ground Controls and Koni Yellows are the best combo in the market and the price is perfect. If you're feeling baller and you want a great adjustable ride, get GC+Konis.

3. a LOT of people will also recommend to get a camber kit, but some will say you don't need them as well. it depends on how low you're going, but you said about 2 inches, and i'm lowered about the same and i'm riding fine without them. it doesn't hurt to have a camber kit though. if i had the money, i'd buy some.

Jmuniez

Awesome thanks for the help. It's much appreciated!

DarkDB1

I had H&R race springs with Tokico Illumina shocks/struts on my DB1... I'm not a midget either, 6' 200+/- Pounds. I had to once drive my brothers girl friend (280+ pounds) and my sister. I just popped the hood and trunk and turned up the stiffness of the shocks so it wouldn't bottom out. Worked like a charm...