thinking of Type R swap

Catman

so I was thinking about Swapping out my LS motor and Tranny for the Type R motor and LSD tranny.. Can this be done properly? Or should I not even consider it?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
it can be done, but a type r swap is near 4k.

might as well get a cheap blown gsr motor for around 200 bucks, get type r internals and go from there.

Catman

I dunno I just think it would be really kool to have the type R motor.. if it can be done, then I will be doing it. I love saving money for my car and that will be a really good reason to save. It will be awesome!

Alvi84

I dunno I just think it would be really kool to have the type R motor.. if it can be done, then I will be doing it. I love saving money for my car and that will be a really good reason to save. It will be awesome!
A type R swap would be the same thing as swapping in any other motor that's not your original type. You will have the change the wire harness or modify it for VTEC but nothing too crazy like a K swap where you would need to weld in new motor mounts.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
You don't have to weld in k mounts, they make bolt in mounts for just about Amy swap

a k swap is just as easy as a b swap

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Good to see people still seek interest in the type r motor, I support that route 100% I'd do it if I could afford it

You don't have to weld in k mounts, they make bolt in mounts for just about Amy swap

a k swap is just as easy as a b swap
K swap is not as easy as a B series. For a K swap the shift assembly is not a bolt in process like the b series linkage. Therfore, I submit to you, that the K swap is not as easy.

What exactly does JDM mean? and why do some people seem to be against it??
Japanese Domestic Market. It is parts that were made for the cars in Japan. It has also become a trend in cars. Many people refer to it as the "new rice". It has it's good points, but has become quite a bandwagon.

Cripton805

Ok... let me clear other stuff up too. lol

The ITR motor does well too because of it's header, exhaust, and slightly larger diameter piping.
Everytime I see a stock ITR engine with some crappy aftermarket header, civic piping, and stock exhaust... I do this :smackself

This engine is already Pre-Tuned from the factory to be at it's peak performance at stock. When you start messing with bolt ons, you hurt the performance of the car unless you're very careful about the internals and bolt on you pick.

My buddy has an ITR engine in a EK Coupe and he's hardly any faster than stock GSR's and B16 Civics. He is faster, but not by much. He takes them way later and most of the way they're not too far apart.

Go with the GSR engine and you'll be happier in the end if you want to mod. With the extra money you can also spend on other parts and make it faster than the ITR engine.

Cripton805

Japanese Domestic Market. It is parts that were made for the cars in Japan. It has also become a trend in cars. Many people refer to it as the "new rice". It has it's good points, but has become quite a bandwagon.
Actual JDM is not rice. People are using the term JDM for aftermarket rice crap.
Go on Ebay and I blame them! LMFAO

They use the word JDM for everything. I should flag their SHIT! :twisted:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
JDM is the new rice Race is the new JDM ahaahah!

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
If you have a thrid gen Ls. Which has the b18b1. I would just turbo that and use a gsr trans. It would be cheaper then swapping for a type R, and honestly probably be a little faster.

Catman

Well it is my daily driver and honestly I'm very concerned about gas mileage when it comes to engine upgrades or motor swaps. I don't want to turbo my car because the gas mileage would take a loss. I'm not sure how much gas mileage I would lose if I just built my LS motor but I hear that you lose quite a bit when you start getting into upgraded cams and such. Honestly I've never built a motor for performance though I have rebuilt my motor several times. I'm just not to sure about aftermarket cams, springs, valves, pistons, bores, and such.. I would really like to know how much gas mileage I would lose for upgrading internals. Do you lose more gas upgrading internals or going turbo. It would seem that mild internal upgrades would not take gas mileage away too badly. Just curious and I believe the Type R motor would get close to the gas mileage I get with my LS motor though I'm not sure about that either.. any tips or info would be great.

Thanks guys.