This is my first gen :)

enoch723

i would guess to get the lines in the gas tank and that it would probably make mounting the fuel pump a lot easier

Jayteg

The car sat up for 10 years, so the gas in it prolly isn't gas anymore. Plus I gotta get the fuel lines cleaned out and plug the gas gauge up. It was last driven in 01 to give you an idea.

enoch723

The car sat up for 10 years, so the gas in it prolly isn't gas anymore. Plus I gotta get the fuel lines cleaned out and plug the gas gauge up. It was last driven in 01 to give you an idea.
You dont happen to live in vancouver wa do you?

Jayteg

Gas tank is ruined, gotta find a new one....,freaking great.

Jayteg

according to the radiator shop they couldn't get the old gas out and the floats are ruined as well.

enoch723

Couldnt get the old gas out? Lol. Doesnt even make sense. Did it turn to stone or something. The floats make sense though. Its polypropalyne tank right? Or metal?

Jayteg

He said the old gas turned into goo lol, no worries found another teg with a tank on it. Back on track.

enoch723

He said the old gas turned into goo lol, no worries found another teg with a tank on it. Back on track.
Lol. Even if ALL the gas in the tank had oxidized its still an easy clean up for them to do. Probably better if you just replace it though. Another thing to keep in mind that might help the car too, a new exhaust. I had to replace mine cause it had a hole and the previous owner tried welding it, but I replaced it with just another stock exhaust. WAY better mpg and hp

Jayteg

Lol. Even if ALL the gas in the tank had oxidized its still an easy clean up for them to do. Probably better if you just replace it though. Another thing to keep in mind that might help the car too, a new exhaust. I had to replace mine cause it had a hole and the previous owner tried welding it, but I replaced it with just another stock exhaust. WAY better mpg and hp
First thing I aim to do is header, cat, 2 1/2 inch pipe to a performance muffler. Alabama has no noise laws so I might rice it out lol. And hopefully by Christmas have a b16a in my shop sitting on a motor swivel. As for the gas tank, I don't think that was gas. It looked like tar, black, super thick and sticky.