This is my problem, hoping for any good news.....

H_Bizz

OK so my story.

I have a 1990 acura integra that has just been giving all sorts of issues. Its been blowing a little bit of blue smoke out my exhaust so ive been adding oil pretty often.

So i was on my way home on the freeway driving and my engine is loosing power, a clunking sound in the head (my guess from the sound) starts sounding. I proceed to drive a mile or so up a incline on the freeway barley making it up the hill, until my car makes a loud knocking sound and spits blue smoke out the exhaust than died and wont start back up.

The AAA guy said he thinks its the timing belt. My friend said he thinks its the piston rings. so i know that either way its going to cost more than i want to spend on my car. what do you think about this?

How much would it be worth if i was to sell it as is?

rexpepper123

is the belt still on? could be rings since its burning blue smoke. check the oil level. you prob damaged something in the block.

ryukkid

beep beep
Sounds like something is wrong in the block.you could buy a new motor for 500-800 depending on where you live or rebuild your old one all depends if you want to keep the car

H_Bizz

I like the car and all, i just dont have the time, space or money to buy a replacement motor and have it put in. Im thinking i need to just sell it as is. I live in Los Angles, CA. Do you think i would be able to be 7-9 hundred.

ryukkid

beep beep
What's the condition of it like body,interior.I know some people that work on cars.if you live in la I'm sure you could get a block for cheap

H_Bizz

What's the condition of it like body,interior.I know some people that work on cars.if you live in la I'm sure you could get a block for cheap
The car is in fair condition minor dent on exterior. The interior is great. minus no a/c or heater and the dash dosnt work. Im not interested in rebuilding it. i dont have the time or the tools to do it. Make me an offer on the car