this may be the wrong place for this question but..

XTurboAcuraX

what do you think of the eclipses. i am talking about the ones that are like around 1997. they look like the green one in the fast and furious. is the gsr faster than the eclipse. i am asking this because if for some reason i can't get a gsr my next choice would be the eclipse. what do think of them. some of those cars also have a stock turbo charger. would that make it faster than the gsr? gimme some thoughts. thanks.

Redline

eclipse gs-t is turbocharged front wheel drive 210hp and 214torque the eclipse gsx is all wheel drive and 210hp 214torque turbocharged thats the only to trims that are turbochared and the rest base, rs, gs are all front wheel drive 140hp 133tq

grs is not faster then the turbocharged eclipses

Last edited:

BoostedITR41

yes they are faster stock than most honda's they run low 15's high 14's bone stock but if you want to go fast get a early DSM turbo car they are lighter and have a slightly bigger turbo, and by all means do not watch the fast and the furious for automotive inspiration the eclipse in that movie wasn't even a turbo eclipse they just added in the sounds on top of the fact that it looked rediculous and most DSM owners would lynch you for doing that to a DSM

XTurboAcuraX

BoostedITR41 said:
yes they are faster stock than most honda's they run low 15's high 14's bone stock but if you want to go fast get a early DSM turbo car they are lighter and have a slightly bigger turbo, and by all means do not watch the fast and the furious for automotive inspiration the eclipse in that movie wasn't even a turbo eclipse they just added in the sounds on top of the fact that it looked rediculous and most DSM owners would lynch you for doing that to a DSM
nah man i ain't watching the fast and the furious for automotive inspiration. i was just using that example of that eclipse so you guys know what i am talking about. so anyway. what are the chances of me finding a turbocharged eclipse anyway? i kinda figured those chances ain't very high so i figured to go with a gsr cause of the v tec. i figured that the eclipse and the gsr would be a good choice for the money that i can spend. so any more thoughts????

DownShift96GSR

Yeah, the sound dubbing they did for the car made it sound all sick. But, my opinion on DSM is, a big thumbs down. They just don't impress me. But I would take an Eclipse Spyder for say a show car deal.

Todd

token ex-mod
BoostedITR41 said:
^^^ correct, i am a hardcore dsm'er.
1g dsm's are far superior (except for looks), their 6 bolt motor is much more reliable than the 2g's 7 bolt and they are also lighter... and have the famed 1g dsm bov that is very easy to modify.
the 1g's have slightly lower hp but run the same speeds. you wanna talk about a car that responds well to mods than the t-dsm is the car for you. with basic mods they are capable of 13/14's depending on the driver.
the 2g's non turbo line (rs/gs/oz rally edition) have the 420a motor, the identical motor found in DOHC 1g dodge/plymouth neons only reversed, the r/t neons actually have 150hp and will give a 6th gen civic si a good run for it's money, and keep up with it on the road course. the 1g non turbo lign up has a gutless 1.8 motor that couldnt get out of their own way.

the site i always posted on was www.nyccdsm.com . there is also www.2gdsm.com , www.vfaq.com , www.dsm.com and enough to make a list that would hurt my hands to type

misplacedcivic

XTurboAcuraX said:
nah man i ain't watching the fast and the furious for automotive inspiration. i was just using that example of that eclipse so you guys know what i am talking about. so anyway. what are the chances of me finding a turbocharged eclipse anyway? i kinda figured those chances ain't very high so i figured to go with a gsr cause of the v tec. i figured that the eclipse and the gsr would be a good choice for the money that i can spend. so any more thoughts????
if yuo are looking for a GST or GSX, they're not too uncommon. as far as geting them for a good price, that seems unlikely. people nowadays try to resell factory turbocharged vehicles for outrageous amounts of money (i.e. .....eclipses, nevermind the other examples, they were sweet cars!). i don't think they make GSTs and Xs anymore so i think that's why people sell them for so much

xramseybx

misplacedcivic said:
if yuo are looking for a GST or GSX, they're not too uncommon. as far as geting them for a good price, that seems unlikely. people nowadays try to resell factory turbocharged vehicles for outrageous amounts of money (i.e. .....eclipses, nevermind the other examples, they were sweet cars!). i don't think they make GSTs and Xs anymore so i think that's why people sell them for so much
well i live in texas (dallas) i know that autotrader has alot in there on them. but they avg. 10,000 and most are auto. which to some is good then again kinda sucks. Think about this...... A GS with the 4G63 (very good engine too bad mitsu stopped putting them in the eclispe and went to the 420A although it is now in the EVO) has the same engine as the gs-t so which would be more cost effective going with the stock hair dryer or going ahead and upping that the base is there to make a good amount of horse-power however get the basics first. Supension, something we could learn from JGTC 300 and on a track would walk off and leave alot of cars with double the hp.