this seems interesting...

sOuL

i got this off of import tuner , they were talking about F&F Tokyo Drift.

''The cars in the movie are more subtle than the other movies—real-wheel drift cars that seem to have the balls to back up what they're doing. More importantly, they aren't adorned with ridiculously superfluous stickers. The most prominent models they used throughout the movie were the Nissan 350Z and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, which was treated to a rear-wheel drive conversion. The one major car that received heavy fabrication was a 1967 Ford Mustang which was outfitted with an RB26DETT. All in all, approximately 200 cars were used in the making of the film.''
''Justin Lin, director of the all-Asian American film Better Luck Tomorrow, headed the movie. He also hand picked all the cars chosen for the film, which he said was crucial to make the film as authentic as possible. Lin wanted to make sure that the movie doesn't sell out like the others and will appeal to both newbies and hardcore drifting fans alike.
''It seems this third installment will be much better than the first two. There won't be any big actors stealing the scenes (Paul Walker and Vin Diesel), rather, straight-out drifting will be the only focus.''

Ima go see this...lol, but what really got me thinking is a 1967 mustang with a skyline motor in it?!??!

g3teg97

Super Moderator
First off, who ever thought of the idea of sticking a Skyline engine into a Mustang needs to be shot. A Skyline engine needs to be in a Skyline or any other Nissan. And a 67 Mustang needs a mustang engine. I'm not about mixing car manufaturer engines.

Secondly, this movie is going to blow ass. Lil Bow Wow is a main actor! WTF? The first and second were a lot better. The only person that is in this, that was from the first was the asian guy that grove the S2000. Sequals that don't have the original cast sucks ass. There's no point.

Thrid, ever little high school kid now is going to be drifting around corners and curves in the road. So everyone needs to be on the lookout for those stupid little ricers.

Fouth, If I go to the movie on opening night, there's going to be a shit load of "ricers", "racers" whatever you want to call them up there, just like the 1st two. I'm not going to be worrying about someone fucking with my car. And I advise all of you to consider this.

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
g3teg97 said:
First off, who ever thought of the idea of sticking a Skyline engine into a Mustang needs to be shot. A Skyline engine needs to be in a Skyline or any other Nissan. And a 67 Mustang needs a mustang engine. I'm not about mixing car manufaturer engines.

Secondly, this movie is going to blow ass. Lil Bow Wow is a main actor! WTF? The first and second were a lot better. The only person that is in this, that was from the first was the asian guy that grove the S2000. Sequals that don't have the original cast sucks ass. There's no point.

Thrid, ever little high school kid now is going to be drifting around corners and curves in the road. So everyone needs to be on the lookout for those stupid little ricers.

Fouth, If I go to the movie on opening night, there's going to be a shit load of "ricers", "racers" whatever you want to call them up there, just like the 1st two. I'm not going to be worrying about someone fucking with my car. And I advise all of you to consider this.
ahhahahahah AGREED

g3teg97

Super Moderator
sOuL said:
but to me its all about the cars...
I have to agree with that.

I can't count how many times I freeze framed the second F&F when all the cars come out of the garages near the end just to see all the Integra's and Hondas. :hitlol:

adoboracer

ima try to go a lil after the opening night to avoid all the hype. and no, im not a fan of F&F, i jus wanna see the cars.

LStegg

1 bad LS
Fuck Lil/ Bow Bow ! WTF does he know about drifting and Imports anyway. He probably drives a fuckin' Bently or some shit like that and thought drifting was when you let off the gas, fuckin' cock bag. At least Paul Walker owned a Skyline. A shitty Ford w/ a RB26DETT is a sin and is the only way 2 make 1 dependable and fast at the same time. Booooo ! :nono:

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
g3teg97 said:
yeah, i agree. accident rates will probably sky rocket after it comes out =X

RSMisfit

mad JdM DrIftErS yO!!!
even more people trying to DRIFT in the streets, and cops knowing about it too...
and why add muscle cars?
sure there FR's but are heavy and mainly used for drag racing and such...

Asleep

I probably am
im gonna go see it cuz the cars are some sweet shit. the acting will blow harder than ever before, but it's not liek i listen to them anyway.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
RANT IN 5...4...3...2..1...

WTF, making the movie real and not sell not! How bout the try to get the drift scene of Japan right! First off, ok I didnt see and s13, s14, s15, or AE86's, or any old rearwheel drive cars, all the cars are flashy and in perfect shape, not the case with really drift cars, shit happans! Meeting the Garages and little asian girls saying "Ready, Set Go" I'll fight you niggas! Most of the Time its a bunch of old guys out there drifting not a bunch of young asian gang bangers! They wanna make the movie "Real" make it dirty! Let me see cars missing bumpers, let me see cars missing a bumper! Let me see some kid role his s13 3 times and wish that he didnt walk way from the crash, b/c he destoryed the best thing he ever had, I want to see the blood sweet and tears niggas put into there drift car and the hours of practice and money put into this style! Then and only then will you have a great drift movie, I personally will not spend a fuckin dime to see this movie, I promise you that! Fuck that movie and every fake drifter wanta be, fuck every one that jumped on the band wangon and got a 240! Fuck every one that puts down the Ka24det! and Fuck Lil Bow Bow!

- Done, An X Drifter!

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
g3teg97 said:

I second your motoring. No big actors my ass to steal the scene. Now all the ghetto kids are gonna be out their trying to drift n shit, hell idiots might try n drift Front wheel drive cars. But i must admite their might be two good things commin out of this movie. Car parts from idiots wreaken cars, and Movie quoats. Hell just fromt he previews we got more movie quoats than Fast and the Fuzzy 2 left us w/