This test pipe look ok?

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
dont see a spot for an O2 sensor, and I would do a test pipe unless you had turbo for heavy mods to the motor, you may lose some power

k624ash

obd1kenobi said:
dont see a spot for an O2 sensor, and I would do a test pipe unless you had turbo for heavy mods to the motor, you may lose some power
obd1 doesnt have an o2 sensor in the cat. obd1kenobi should know that :wak:

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
k624ash said:
obd1 doesnt have an o2 sensor in the cat. obd1kenobi should know that :wak:
O really? yeah i guess I should live up to my name lol!

LiEkjAi

wat u pay is wat u get, da ebay on the site is for gEn3 and isn't it obd2? or i may be wrong

k624ash

LiEkjAi said:
wat u pay is wat u get, da ebay on the site is for gEn3 and isn't it obd2? or i may be wrong
obd2 started in 96 so most g3s are, but not all of them

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Using a test pipe doesn't free up or take away any more or less HP that a high flow cat does.

"Increase 5-10 Horse Power", that's a load of crap.

Test pipe's are illegal anyway, get a high flow cat.

bigbro6785

I put a test pipe on my ls, not that same one tho, and no joke it took close to .5 seconds off my 1/4 mile. My boy with an RSX would bead me by about 2 or 3 cars before i got it, after i put it on i stayed next to him the whole way until the top of 3rd gear. he would only get me by half a car. The only problem is it is illegal....

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Well, a test pipe is definitley better flowing than a stock cat, but so is a high flow cat, and a high flow cat is legal. Like import810 said, you'll repay the money you save by getting a test pipe instead of a cat 10X over if you get caught with one. And how do you plan on passing emissions at inspection time?

A test pipe makes your exhaust stink like holy hell.
Don't need to worry about doing an O2 sensor bypass if you get a high flow cat.
Don't you care about the planet, the air you and everyone else breathes? Get a cat! :)

bigbro6785

I agree. I only put the test pipe on when im taking my car out to the track. other than that I have my stock cat on. The test pipe also make your car horribly loud. I hate it!!