throttle body gasket issue with Skunk2 intake manifold

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
So, I'm starting my head build next weekend, so I went in to Autozone to order all the various gaskets, etc. The intake manifold gasket lines up perfect, and should do the job. Problem is, though, that the throttle body gasket they gave me wasn't even close to fitting correctly.

On the packaging, it said

"1992-1993 2.3 Honda (H23A)"

However, my car is obviously not rocking an H series motor. I have a JDM B18C, non Type-R (so, "JDM GS-R"). I'm swapping on a first gen Skunk2 Intake manifold, and when I test fitted the gasket, the size was WAY off. there were open parts of the gasket that stuck out by almost an inch, and some of the provisions in the gasket for the coolant, etc. were way off, some of the provisions even stuck out beyond the casting of the manifold.

I don't have any pics of the terrible fitment, as I've already returned the gasket, but is there something I'm missing, here? I thought that most of the B and H series TBs were interchangeable for the most part, anyway.

Ideas/suggestions? I need info by this weekend.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Buy a b series gasket?

I'm pretty sure they're different. Even if it's only slightly. They cost like 5, so get another b series gsr one

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
well, the problem is, when I went to autozone to return it and exhange for the correct one, regardless of what variation of car they used, the same part number showed up universally on ALL B and H series VTEC motors. The LS versions were a little different, but still didn't seem to fit right.

DroolinBuddie

Haha i ran into the same problem, with out thinking I ordered a B16a2 throttle body gasket from autozone also, went home, and realized..."Oh shit I'm using my gsr head not b16"....Tried to fit the gasket anyways(so pointless)

anyways i went back and ordered the correct one, B18c1 throttle body gasket, And yes it also said H23A on mine...worked regardless... What did you tell the autozone cashier?... I brought up a part number when i got mine...just so they won't be like: "Oh you knowwww Honda's are basically the same...this one fits it allllllLLLLLL"....

*facepalm*...some of those autozone cashiers suck ass....Just saying. Bring a part number ....i think it was 60973...felpro gasket.. Works for me haha.