throttle body spacer adding hp??

dlo253

sup with all the pointless threads. coulda combined them into one at least lol. GOOGLE! =)

JJ_93

OrangeIntegra
idk man just getting some opinions on ideas for my car

Cripton805

Theres a Hondata heatshield that goes between the intake manifold and the head. Its supposed to prevent heat from the head to transfer to the manifold somewhat. Im sure it would help a little if you do a lot of little things to cool the bay. Like wrapping header, Intake tube with that special cooling wrap stuff, heatshield, tilt hood, etc... and even after all that you wouldnt likely notice it. It might help built engines.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Theres a Hondata heatshield that goes between the intake manifold and the head. Its supposed to prevent heat from the head to transfer to the manifold somewhat. Im sure it would help a little if you do a lot of little things to cool the bay. Like wrapping header, Intake tube with that special cooling wrap stuff, heatshield, tilt hood, etc... and even after all that you wouldnt likely notice it. It might help built engines.
the heatshield is so hard to put on. i had to back out studs to get mine to fit

XJEEP99

It helped my low end torque(below 2000, imagine would help you guys below 3k) and my average mpg jumped from 15.8 to 16.4(which would equate to 1-2 mpg for you; I floor it like everywhere so this is really good) and saves me like $5 a fillup so will pay for itself soon. Make sure to get one that is vortex like and "swirls". Someone else said 4-5 hp and they are wrong.... Even on an engine twice as big as what you guys are working with I gained 1 whp(which is technically within the margin of error) and no torque. But it feels stronger below 2k at cruising and it doesn't have to downshift when getting on highway(I can merge and accelerate with traffic in 4th/overdrive). Oh it sounds cool like a turbo too..... Thought it was a complete waste of money for what it was, but it's actually turning out pretty good. Paid $78 for my Power Aid, did a quick search online and it's like $100 with shipping for you guys.... Definently recommend AGAINST it, not worth it for a 1.8 liter engine IMO.

Last edited: