Throttle bogging

death6543

I was having issues with my dizzy and my Idle Air Control Valve mainly in cold start and hard throttle. i fixed the dizzy. but i was still having idle issues.it was reving up and down to like 2000rpm and back so i took off the iacv and cleaned it out and it idles great. but if i push the gas peddle down all the way fast it bogs and dies, so i then have to tap the gas peddle a couple times really fast then i can throttle it down no problem. and if drop a gear well driving it will want to do the same thing. is it the timing because if i adjusted the dizzy forward and back it would seem to get better or worse but no matter where i have it it still happens. it feels like a bad injector as if it was carbureted. How can i fix this????:shock:

96LSteg

Jemel
sounds like your throttle position sensor. When mine was bad, I could drive the car but it wouldnt go above 2500 rpm. Put on a new one and calibrated it and was able to rev through full range again. I say do the following:

Check to make sure your TPS is even any good (make sure no pins are broken etc.)
check to make sure your TPS is calibrated correctly (there is a write up on TI or something)
If its no good get a new one and make sure you calibrate it before you try and drive

jbrown97ls

^ this

I did that exact thing. And had the same symptoms.

96LSteg

Jemel
every genius made a dumb mistake at some point :lol:

death6543

Well i never touched the MAP and TPS connectors on the throttle body they are in there the same way before my igniter in my dizzy went out? ill look though.