Throttle Delay

ProjectHoku

Seibikojo Hoku
hey guys, got a question here about my throttle....i have a auto integra LS 1994, and whenever i floor my accel, theres this fat delay in my throttle response, (1-2 sec delay) before it goes really fast...so im just wondering if theres anything i can do to increase reaction time of my throttle, besides shifted from D1 to D4...XD.

Brian704

Throttle response

From my past experience for general cars you can adjust the throttle line so that it is snug by tightening or loosening the two nuts on the acelerator line in the engine bay. *Be careful not to over tighten the throttle may not be able to be read close mean while sending your car either into your garage or over reving*
hope that helps

gs300cky

i was TOLD you can slightly open ur throttle body by welding in or fixing about a penny thickness opeing in ur throttle body so it actually keeps ur reevs slightly up and its enough to eliminate some of the throttle response delays... does that make any sense

DohctorRob

The Dohctor is in
^^ dont do that very very risky best bet is going to be either do some research and learn how to tune or upgrade your fuel delivery system

gs300cky

yup thats what i thought to lol thus why i said i was TOLD just cuz i wasnt man enough to risk a penny getting sucked in

DohctorRob

The Dohctor is in
you never wanted to do tacky mods like that you risk ruining you motor is many unknown ways things like that you never know whats going to happen and its not worth the risk.

And just to put this out to the op the delay you're getting is from flooding your motor when you start off and you just straight up flooring it you're car is not revving high enough to burn all the fuel, the initial lag you get is from giving it too much gas, ease off the throttle a little bit and let the rpms get up before flooring or shift into neutral rev it then throw it. You should be able to hear if you're giving it too much gas, the sound will get a low growl or roar and sound really heavy, that means too much gas. Just experiment until you find the sweet spot on the accel, it takes a bit of practice and is alot easier on a stick but altogether possible

money

LOL Yeah lets throw a penny into our throttle :cool: