Throwout bearing?

self

DA squad.
Anybody know how hard it is to do a throwing bearing?
Would I be better off taking it to a shop to have it done?
I imagine that it's a pricy job since the tranny has to be opened. :???:

Last edited:

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
I personally would do it myself and had done ..When i did my clutch. But if you don't feel comfortable doing it, bring it to a shop. The transmission has to be removed and its the bearing on the inside of it.
found this on HT, Hope it helps.

self

DA squad.
Yea I'm pretty comfortable with the car, I only ask cause I never did it before.
That diagram makes the job look simple enuff so ima go for it and do it, thanks bro.

And @ guilty, mine ain't sceamin yet lol it has a low noise u can barely hear it, I just got a habit of fix in things before it gets to crazy lol. That's my petpeeve

Last edited:

562Thomas

What type of a noise dose it make I think thats whats wrong with mine too sounds like scraping grinding noise goes away when I push down clutch

ModelEfficiency

Searched and found this thread so I'm reviving it.

I think my throwout bearing needs to be replaced. When I press down my clutch pedal, the clutch will not disengage from the engine 6 out of 10 times. When the clutch does disengage, gear selection is more difficult than it should be and makes a noticeable whine. I have adjusted my clutch cable, but with no avail. My clutch pedal is within the specified ranges of the Haynes manual, so it does not need to be adjusted. Any input?

ModelEfficiency

Searched and found this thread so I'm reviving it.

I think my throwout bearing needs to be replaced. When I press down my clutch pedal, the clutch will not disengage from the engine 6 out of 10 times. When the clutch does disengage, gear selection is more difficult than it should be and makes a noticeable whine. I have adjusted my clutch cable, but with no avail. My clutch pedal is within the specified ranges of the Haynes manual, so it does not need to be adjusted. Any input?
Bump!