ticket for no plate.. plate soloution??

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
well I finally got my first ticket for no front plate! its been 2years...had many warning but they finally got me! Right now plate hangs in my window,and my gf/ wants a plate on the front,(she drives the car too) so i need to come up with a solution without drilling holes in my ukdm front! I repeat no drilling in my bumper and prefer no zipties too. Might of found a solution though. want to get your guys opinions first, or maybe you have another idea...

1. Take the actual plate and scan it in 1:1 high res.
2. Use photoshop to clean up the scan image if necessary.
3. Crop the image to only display the require plate info
4. Print out the image on a high res. color printer.
5. Laminate the color printout to protect if from the elements.
6. Use spray adhesive and apply the laminated printout onto a correctly sized thin aluminum plate.
7. Drill two holes on the plate near the top for mounting.
8. Use two zip ties and fasten the plate to the existing mounting holes on the bumper. The plate will be supported firmly by the grille and lower bumper section.

The result would be exactly the same as the pics below. You won't be able to tell the difference without touching the plate! If the laminated plate is damaged from rocks or weather, just peel it off and print out another one.

Now I know its not for a teg, but I think this could work for a teg:twisted: I like hidden aspect of it. What you guys think?

Rich-PMS

It's actually not legal. Just buy the hipower motorsports relocation bracket for 13$ and put your real plate on.

mirrorimg

Im not sure if a copy of a plate is a legitimate replacement. You may still get fined if a cop looks closely enough and realizes its not real.

Pics dont work btw.

Prozon

Kris
It wouldn't be legal to have a fake plate. Hell, sometimes they make you replace them if they lose the reflective qualities..

I can't think of the name of the stuff, but you might try the sticky foam stuff. (Some came with my Wii to hold the sensor bar on the TV.) It's like a strip of foam that is sticky on both sides. You could try that to attach it. It holds fairly well.

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
^thats pretty cool!

id be worried about big bumps jostling it loose though

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
There's actually a power kit that does the same thing as that one, so yo could do it..while driving

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
that would require an actuator though... and another item for my battery..only thing im worried about is it needs 9" of flat suface to mount.. dont think integra have that on bottom of the bumper.

Last edited: