ticking noise

nwslsquad

well when i start my car from a cold start it makes a rattling noise coming from the head. then in few seconds it leaves. this started to hapen after my friend did the valve ajustment. we doubled checked the specks and it was good. but when we where doing cylender 3 the jam nut got striped and it wouldnt tighten the intake valves. so we took it off and placed a new jam nut in it. could it be the screw thing that you put the jam nut in that makes the noise?

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
If it clicks and then goes away, this could be normal. I know mine does this, checked the clearences and they were fine, still have a clicking at start up but I think its due to low oil pressure at start. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you do have one not adjusted properly.
- Aaron

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Oil pump going bad? What? If its just at start up its just because there is a lack of oil there but the Zinc in the oil prevents any damage. Which Oil Filter do you have on the car? Is it a Fram Orange? I've heard of people switching filters and having the ticking go away. Fram Orange is the worst filter you can buy.

k20wagon

Oil pump going bad? What? If its just at start up its just because there is a lack of oil there but the Zinc in the oil prevents any damage. Which Oil Filter do you have on the car? Is it a Fram Orange? I've heard of people switching filters and having the ticking go away. Fram Orange is the worst filter you can buy.
You know Fram makes Honda filters right.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Im not saying all Fram filters are wrong, you know that right? Im just saying their Fram Orange is garbage, do some research. Its the most prone to fail and least likely to filter compared to pretty much any other filter.