TigerJapanese bs

TeggieG

Just putting a heads up for anyone looking to buy from Tiger Japanese. A few months ago my father got a decent deal on a h22a1 longblock with supposedly 20-40k miles. After paying $300 to get it shipped on top of the purchase price and 2 long weeks, we received the motor with nearly every sensor broken and improperly shipped. (shoddy pallet with 1 rope "securing" it" No big deal, we had a parts motor that we swapped everything broken on. Then we take the valve cover off, it was by far the worst looking sludge build up i've ever seen. My civic at the time had 364k miles and looked brand new compared to this motor. Oil pan was full of sludge too, so the mileage was definitely inaccurate or they never changed the oil. Still, cleaned it out and it came out way better and was acceptable. After installing the motor, cleaning it out, swapping the broken sensors all that bs. The oil pump is bad, 0 psi.
My dad emailed them promptly, not even asking for an exchange, but just for a replacement oil pump. They, in turn, said they could only do an exchange and we had to pay another $300 to ship it back to them. So, not much we could do. Pulled the motor out, swapped all the sensors back, fun fun. But the best part...
Apparently, the motor we sent back wasn't their motor and they wanted us to come pick it up. Simply "The motor you sent us, is not the motor we sold to you, please have a shipper come and pick it up." Or something along the lines of that, short and simple.

We filed a claim with our bank as it was bought on a credit card. We got the money back temporary and about a month later the money was transferred back to TIgerJapanese on the grounds that we had no proof that we DID send the motor back. Well, neither did they. They gave us no id number on the motor, so they shouldn't have been able to say that we didn't have proof when they didn't either. They since closed the claim and deleted all of our emails, sketchy right?

If I have to say anything, personally from the hassle and how we have $1500 invested into a junk motor that is still sitting in Canada; don't buy from TigerJapanese and always ask for a engine identification number, just in case they don't send you the motor and try to play games with you.
I believe they sold us the motor knowing the problems as it was probably returned several times, I wouldn't be surprised if they resold our motor that we still own :???:

Last edited:

Alvi84

There are tons of reviews like this for TigerJapanese. They are cheaper than HMotorsOnline.com for a reason... cause they cheat you... I will only and have only purchased a JDM motor from HMotorsOnline.com - you get paperwork with your motor, a trusted shipping company, and good customer service. Plus some of the great builds out there for honda were initially purchased from them. They actually inspect their motors and have 30 day start up guarentees.

Here is how well packaged my motor was that I ordered from HMotorsOnline.com

You can see the paperwork for the motor on the hood of my car in the background of this pic

Last edited:

TeggieG

That motor looks brand new! :shock:
When we recieved our motor it had 2 thin layers of that plastic wrap "secured" by one thin plastic rope that was loose, fell over backwards and some of the sensors were dangling inside the pallet and were broken from moving.Unfortunatly we read the bad reviews after we bought the motor. I have heard many good things about hmotors and if I do buy a swap I would probably buy from them. I just want to be another to put a bad review, just in case anyone is looking to buy from them.

I wish I had pictures of how bad it looked when we got it, but I think my discription paints a pretty good picture :roll:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Weird you had such a bad expierence with them. I have personally bought 7 motors from them and not 1 has had an issue. Me and my dad just put a b20b in his friends CRV and it runs like a champ. The last motor I bought from them for personal use was a B20B as well and it arrived neatly wrapped on a pallet with nothing broken and loved boost. I even got lucky and got a b20b with the P8R head which is rare.

I have seen a motor from Hmotorsonline arrive in piss poor condition and run like absolute shit as well. I think with any company you are going to have atleast 1 mess up here and there, its just how it goes. BTW where the hell do you live at that it cost you $300 to ship it? My shipping to Ohio was $115, but the motor from Hmotors that my buddies bought was close to 300 for shipping

Look how clean the motor is behind the clutch area:

Motor that arrived:

Inside of the head:

Chuckles_031

VROOOM VROOOOOMM
i just ordered a trans from them and haven't seen a problem yet. But i could have just got lucky

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I had the same experience as guy_from_nerk. The B20b in my teg runs fantastic, and has for the last 2 years. That is shady tho. I'm curious if the shipper has something to do with your mix up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Baby Ollie

Pokemon Master
That's fucked that the bank didn't refund your money. Did the motor come with any sort of implied warranty? If you bought it with an AMEX, they should extend it out another 6 years or something. Check out what your CC company offers for that stuff. They fucked you, fuck 'em back.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Banks can only go so far... I had an issue like that over some wheels. 1000 bucks later, and the bank couldn't do anything. If you can prove anything, get law enforcement involved and file a claim with the better business bureau. Take them to small claims over it. If they are truely at fault, I doubt they'd want to risk the publicity from law suits and bad better business ratings

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

phatintegra

Banned
Same thing happen to my friend F23 motor. It was knocking. There only good for JDM fronts and RHD only for motor and trans I go some where else. They don't inspect the motor/trans once it get to Tiger Warehouse.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Thanks for posting this, but sorry for the bad service. I might be in the market for a swap soon, so all these comments are very helpful to others that are looking.

Anybody buy from http://japandomesticmotor.com/ ? If not it's worth a look. They provide pics of all the numbers and this motor looks brand new.

One I'm looking at.
http://japandomesticmotor.com/engine_details.php?EngineID=94
i would only go through h motors scott or N1 concepts. I personally have been to the local places here that import JDM stuff and its all rubbish.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I've been thinking the same thing. After some research HMO seems like the best out of the bunch, highly recommended on most sites. Found some negative feedback from the one I posted too.

Inlinefour sells a few, cost a little more but it would be nice knowing those guys checked it out.