Time difference from LS trans to b16 trans

SeanDA9

Searched the internet/forums and couldn't find a topic. Been wondering what the difference in 1/4 mile times for my setup or any other setup would be between an LS trans and B16 trans (no lsd). Thank you for any input or if someone made a thread that I could not find of this topic that I could be directed too it.:)

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
So heres the chart you can compare and maybe get a better understanding, B16 has larger gears compared to the LS, meaning it takes the LS more rotations to get the development that the b16 is getting in a shorting time.

izzyda9

ls with b 16 tranny help

i have a ls with a b16 cable tranny nd my gear ratios r short am i able to change my gear ratios with out changen my tranny?

dopematic

Searched the internet/forums and couldn't find a topic. Been wondering what the difference in 1/4 mile times for my setup or any other setup would be between an LS trans and B16 trans (no lsd). Thank you for any input or if someone made a thread that I could not find of this topic that I could be directed too it.:)
From my experience, on a stock motor... The difference between the ls and b16 tranny is so minimal that it would probably take a professional driver to actually get a better time with the b16 tranny. There are too many variables with quarter mile times: tire pressure, tire tread, weather conditions, track conditions , weight of chassis, health of motor, driver skill level and the consistency of each pass.

There is plenty of information on the significance of gear ratios and how it correlates with your power band. Google can be your best friend. :thumbs up

dlo253

Yeah, whatever can't be found on CI can be found on Google. On another note, I love my short geared db2 ys1. Hate it on the freeway tho. Tend to avoid it as much as possible anyways lol.