Time for exhaust!

Danith93

hey guys, I'm finally in the market for exhaust. As stated in my previous threads, I'm still somewhat new to Integra's so I could use all the help I can get, lol.

lemme start by throwing this out - I had an annoying rattle in my exhaust so I removed my heat shield. The worst part of the rattle is gone but there is still a very noticeable rattle, starts around 2k, gets a bit louder at 3k.

All my buddies say to just change your whole exhaust and kill two birds w/ 1 stone (get rid of the rattle & add a much needed new exhaust setup)

What makes should I be looking into? (Greddy, N1, Megan, Skunk2, no-name eBay brands? etc. )

Cat-back or axle back? (however, I think a cat-back is what I will need to get rid of that rattle)

I don't want anything high-pitch or ricey sounding, strongly prefer a deeper low sounding exhaust. I'm a high school student making close to minimum wage so the cheaper the system, the better :)

Also, should I invest in headers before or after I get exhaust?

thanks guys!

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
First, you only need a single header for ths car :thumbs up
Second, there are some sound clips that you can go through to find what exhaust has the note you're looking for. I've been looking for an Apexi N1 because I would like something that screams at 8,000 RPM where another friend likes the WS2 for a lower tone.
Third, an axle-back seems a bit of a waste; sound more than performance. My plans are a 2.5" exhaust since I don't plan on throwing a turbo on

I have the same rattle and I just live with it until I get the full get-up, no sense in wasting time when an exhaust is an essential upgrade, imo.

Rx7driver4Life

I have the old greddy sp2 and i think for the quality of the sound it is worth the extra coin.

The new greddy SE is the predecessor of the SP2 should give you a great tone just like the SP2. Even after my CAT was removed the sound level was almost the same as with the CAT.

You get what you pay for in the end. Cheap E-Bay exhaust will get you that rice frying sound out your exhaust.

Danith93

I have the old greddy sp2 and i think for the quality of the sound it is worth the extra coin.

The new greddy SE is the predecessor of the SP2 should give you a great tone just like the SP2. Even after my CAT was removed the sound level was almost the same as with the CAT.

You get what you pay for in the end. Cheap E-Bay exhaust will get you that rice frying sound out your exhaust.
yeah, the only reason I am strongly considering getting an exhaust system off of eBay is because of there price.

What's are some of the more popular choices among integra owners?

Also, are there any websites that are strictly dedicated to selling aftermarket Integra parts? I've haven't come across any yet. Basically what AmericanMuscle.com is to Mustangs, is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

ben h

Banned
First, you only need a single header for ths car :thumbs up
Second, there are some sound clips that you can go through to find what exhaust has the note you're looking for. I've been looking for an Apexi N1 because I would like something that screams at 8,000 RPM where another friend likes the WS2 for a lower tone.
Third, an axle-back seems a bit of a waste; sound more than performance. My plans are a 2.5" exhaust since I don't plan on throwing a turbo on

I have the same rattle and I just live with it until I get the full get-up, no sense in wasting time when an exhaust is an essential upgrade, imo.
at the top of this thread was a add for summit racing and it showed headers for v8s and then i read the 1st part of this and luled

to op if ur broke go ebay

phatintegra

Banned
I would go custom. This is what I have now full Stainless steel 2.5" piping with Magna-flow spun cat and muffler. As for header I have a JDM ITR 4-1 header.

Here is my review I had both
Greddy Evo2 = junk won't last more then 4 years inside is not Stainless Steel some cheap material. The outside is Stainless Steel.
Skunk2 = Really loud outside and inside vehicle even with the silencer.

Danith93

thanks guys, the two I've narrowed it down to are Yonaka and DC Sports. Both are the lowest sounding systems that I could find in the $350 price range.

04caliwrx

I have a nice one that came with my car, I think it's an greddy something. I need to look under and check it out lol

David.95LS

Delwarian
i have the megan racing catback, but the muffler is dented in the bottom (got it off a buddies wrecked car for free, after i sold my type R catback) and it sounds real good with a high flow cat, and a 4-1 header.

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
IMO figure out what your main goal is for the car are you looking to get more speed are you going n/a or turbo? or do you just want a new exhaust? lol there are some sound clips of the yonaka exhaust here that CI sponsor that sounds pretty dog gone good. for me i went with a 2.5 exhaust because like what ogstackamothafuckindolla said im not going turbo neither.

The choice is yours my friend. Be one with the force!!!

Danith93

yeah, I won't be in the market for a tubo anytime soon, so I'm probably looking at the smaller sized piping.

also, anyone know where I can find an OEM ITR Exhaust system and/or how much it would cost me?

ROOSEY

i got a hks hi power for 500 and its the only exhuast i ever buy...even my previous cars like my s13 and s13 convertible 240sx had that exhuast. its real deep tone and absolutely no raspyness.

the bad but could be good: if you like a kicked exhuast then deffinitly go for this one. the only issue i've had is since its kicked it hangs low to the ground. and my cars not slammed but i still scrape on alot of things. still its an amazing exhuast and i wouldnt go with any other.

David.95LS

Delwarian
yeah, I won't be in the market for a tubo anytime soon, so I'm probably looking at the smaller sized piping.

also, anyone know where I can find an OEM ITR Exhaust system and/or how much it would cost me?
location? i have one for sale, PM me

seahtech

The blanket response for people looking for new exhaust should be this...

go to youtube.

Go search difference exhausts and find one you like the sound and look of. Some are drastically louder (all buddy clubs) then some (Apexi WS is quiet). Those two are pretty much the opposite end of the 'popular exhaust spectrum' so look for something in between.

If you want performance you need a really nice ($$$) header + custom 3" exhaust. If you want to just put a little 'pep in ur step' get a semi cheap mass production type header + test pipe/hi-flow cat + cat back exhaust.

Time for my opinion...
Best exahust that yeilds a good sound, good looks, and low attention from your local authorities is the Apexi WS or Noir systems.