Time for swap, just want to confirm a few things...

Emerica2843

I am going to begin the swap tomorrow on my 98 ls and swapping in a gsr 5spd . I have a gsr trans out of a 98. I have done lots and lots of research but i still have a couple questions that i was hoping you guys might be able to answer..
Here are the parts i have gathered so far:
Gsr transmission
axles
pedals
new seals for trans
hasport mount
starter
Gsr instrument cluster
Ls intermediate shaft
master cylinder & reservoir
slave cylinder
hard line running from master to slave
stainless steel line that connects hardline from the master to the slave
exedy clutch kit
fidanza lightweight flywheel

Parts still needed:
flywheel inspection cover
shift linkage and shifter
misc. bolts and hardware
anything else that you guys can think of

my first question is, will i need to get a different Ecu for the motor out of a gsr since mine is auto?

Second, the intermediate shaft that i have is out of an ls. Will it still work with the gsr trans?

Third, does anyone have shift linkage made by "avid" in their car? I would rather buy new than used for this and it seems to be the only aftermarket brand for sale on ebay other than used oem.
what do you guys think about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-00-Civic-94-01-Integra-B-Series-Shift-Linkage-JDM-US_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ110293178721

Lastly, does anyone have a flywheel inspection cover for sale? Ive looked all over online and at the yards, so it looks like im gonna have to end up just getting one from the dealer.

Thanks for the help

K20aLLmOtoR03

NBP NJ cReW #1
your going to need a gsr ecu in order for it to work properly and also engine wireharness. Stay aways from ebay bro you get what you pay for when you go cheap with parts.

heykosal

Angkorian
You're going to need an ECU out of a manual trans, VTEC Integra. Part no. 37820-P72-A01. Honda ECU's part numbers always start with 37820. The A01 identifies that its manual tranny, and P72 means GSR.

I know Avid engine mounts are nice, good quality. So maybe their linkages aren't bad neither.

Last edited:

Emerica2843

You're going to need an ECU out of a manual trans, VTEC Integra. Part no. 37820-A01-P72. Honda ECU's part numbers always start with 37820. The A01 identifies that its manual tranny, and P72 means GSR.

I know Avid engine mounts are nice, good quality. So maybe their linkages aren't bad neither.
will that ecu work even thought i just got an ls motor no vtec?
I do have a gsr head off a 94 that i want to eventually put on, but i wanted to get the trans all done and out of they way first

heykosal

Angkorian
Oh my bad, I thought you were talking about the whole engine swap. I don't recall the ECU code you can find it easily by searching. It should be 37820-xxx-A01

Spody02

Name: Cody
no i dont believe it will, cause its going to dump more fuel once it thinks your going to hit vtec, i think your just gonna need a ls manual tranny, i would search on honda-tech...
but i dont think it will work, your best bet is going to get a tunable ecu and just tune it
get an obd-1 p72 ecu and get it chipped and harness from obd1 to obd2a and you'll be good
then just find a tuner in your area

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
no offense homey ... but unless you blew up the ls its prob cheaper to take all your good shit off the car, sell it stock, and buy a gsr.

Emerica2843

no offense homey ... but unless you blew up the ls its prob cheaper to take all your good shit off the car, sell it stock, and buy a gsr.
True, but i got this dc straight from cali its mint with zero rust or any flaws on the body. Gonna have to garage it this winter here :(

White_Rabbit

I wouldn't discourage him. I know how he feels I've got an 01 Auto LS with 98k on it. When I get back from my deployment I'm doing a complete engine swap. I don't know if it counts because I don't think I'm swapping a GSR engine/tranny =P lol

patrick4588

Integra God
the avid shift linkage is good quality and the intermediate shaft will work. sounds to me like you have everything planned out pretty well.