Timing Belt and a Few ?'s

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I'm coming due on a timing belt change for my '99 GSR. I know to replace the belt and water pump, but is there anything else I should replace during that, while those covers etc are off? Also, where is the best place to get a belt, oemacuraparts.com or are there better brands/kits out there? Finally, I have some oil loss, I know part of it is a warping oil pan gasket, which I'm replacing, but I also get a gassy smell in the car when driving sometimes, and I can see a slight oil leak on the passenger side of the engine, right in the middle, near the plugs/wires. Is that a cam seal? From all I searched, that's what I got. Thanks.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
might as well do a tune up as well.

spark wires, plugs
dist. cap and rotor
valve cover gasket
fuel filter

as for that leaking on the pass side, its probably just the valve cover gasket

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Thanks for the input, I'll try and take a picture or two of the location tomorrow, I'm losing a decent amount of oil, would that mostly be it you think? Also...OEM gaskets or something else?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Tensioner and spring...it doesnt matter which brand belt you use, the instalation is the determining factor.

FWIW I have a autozone belt/tensioner on my built GSR and have every bit of confidence that it will do just fine even at 700hp.