Timing Belt Problems

GA-Beast

Owner
Ok my swap is complete, all except for the timing belt. I have it on, but i there is a considerable amountt of slack on the intake side of the belt. I've transfered most of the slack to the area of the timing belt tensioner, but its not enough slack to move the tensioner enoguh be as tight as t he opposing side...

heres what i'm working with

B20 BLOCK
RHS gsr racing head
AEM cams gears

any info as to how i can get this on tight would be welcome.

thanks in advance:(

Sammich

u may have the wrong timing belt seeing that u are doing the b20vtec..what timing belt do u have

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well if it's too big then idk, if it was too small you could have a b16 belt. Are you sure your doing it right?

PogKai

B20VTEC
I think you're installing it wrong, u start first at the oil pump and work it to the right.. tensioner, water pump, intake cam and finally exh cam.

GA-Beast

Owner
ya i got it just like that aussie....maybe i need to adjust the tensioner half way and then try to muscle it back on.

i'll post pics soon

GA-Beast

Owner
OK I GOT IT! BUT I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM!!! i have everythng hooked up good, but for some reason i't wont crank. the engine will turn over but it wont crank. I have fire, and gas is going to to the fuel rail...but still do anything. Could it be my ecu?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Check Fuel, Check Air, and Check Spark. Once you figure out what you don't have, then you can narrow it down.

GA-Beast

Owner
rofl...

i may get banned for this pic...we'll see:lol:

OK i think i found the problem...or at least i narrowed it down to two possible problems

1. the ecu ...maybe the ecu needs to be reset or something...
2. i have the wrong injectors, high impedence injectors as opposed to low impedance injectors..i need lows!