Timing belt slack

BankiBoi

I been trying to kill the slack in my timing belt for a month now any tips on how to do it? There's only skack on one side btw

Sent from my HTC THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

mirrorimg

Loosen the tensioner, rotate the intake cam clockwise to allow the tensioner to take up the slack, tighten the tensioner. Make sure the timing is still where its supposed to be.

BankiBoi

Its on correct I just suck at it. I've tried turning it to get the slack out but still end up with it. Fml

Sent from my HTC TB Gingeritis using Tapatalk

Black teg

Catch me if you can
Well for one you should have a little slack in the belt. You don't want it to be tight, because then you will get a wining sound, and it puts more of a load on the tensioner and water pump, and it can take out the bearing in them.

You should only have about .5" of slack in the belt.

912fourtysx

instead of messing with my tensioner i pulled a cam out tilted it slid the belt on and reinstalled the cam that took all the extra slack out of mine, and i had been fighting with that belt for a couple of weeks haha. oh that will only work if the tensioner is already installed correctly hope this may help

BankiBoi

I've tried so many times to get that damn slack out it's not too bad but its the only thing that makes noise otherwise my engine is silent. Guess ill try all these

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

BankiBoi

I got all teeth on it, the top will be tight and the back or front will be loose. Then when I get it too tight can't get the belt on.

Havent messed with it today

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk