Tire questions

ltrain

speedin said:
Let me just say the overall best DD tire for a Integra is the Yokohama AVS ES100's. Great ware and awsome grip. In the rain their perfect (better in the rain than brand new OEM type tires).

http://www.yokohamatire.com/TireIntro.asp?TireID=9

Thats the tire you want my friend :thumbs up
there good i had them and there cheeep,
but
i think these are even better http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_rt615_t.htm 100$ each 20$ more then the avs though :( there gonna be my next tire

edit damn that website is cheep there on sale

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I put the AVS ES100's on my GST. I like them. They are very good tires. My other favorite is the Falken Azenis RT615, which is usually what I keep on my daily driver, but they don't even compare to the Yok's in the rain. The Falken handles much better in the dry but suck much more in the rain.

For sticky daily driven tires, my favorites are
Falken Azenis RT615
Yokohama AVS ES100
BFG G Force KD

imtheloserone

Banned
i'm on avs es100 right now...but fixing to switch to kumho spt soon...to try them out...but after my turbo setup is done i'ma go for some more gripping tires, cuz i wont have any traction at all i'm pretty sure of that but tires will help some what...i'ma fork out some cash for a lsd sometime down the road too.

i'll let u kno how the kumho spt are...i've heard some good things bout them

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
I put the AVS ES100's on my GST. I like them. They are very good tires. My other favorite is the Falken Azenis RT615, which is usually what I keep on my daily driver, but they don't even compare to the Yok's in the rain. The Falken handles much better in the dry but suck much more in the rain.

For sticky daily driven tires, my favorites are
Falken Azenis RT615
Yokohama AVS ES100
BFG G Force KD
Yes, that is definately the list to pick from.

Also you hit it on the head, I would REALLY wouldnt want to be in a FWD car with the Azenis in the rain. Expecially if you had any real power.

The Yoko's in the rain.....WOW. I was very suprized. For the amount of dry grip and high speed stability the Yoko's had I was very suprised how the were in the rain. You can actually drive RELATIVELY hard with these tires in the rain. But then again the tolerences and the edge of disaster are small (like any tire in the rain really). But yea I was able to hit some nice corners with these in the rain with minimal slipage. But for DD in the rain, hard to break them. Except for the obvious deep puddles. Cant really save yourself from them in a car.

PogKai

B20VTEC
Yoko's are great tires, I had A520 on my civic. I'm thinking about getting Dunlop Direzza (cheap deal for me) what you guys think?

SRLNCLT

I haven't heard any good things about the Dunlops. And for the price I'd go Kumho's. I've had a set of 205/40/17 711 and they are great.

Anyway, Kumhos anyone????????????????????????????????

spikehairboy

Non-Registered User
GENERAL EXCLAIM UHP ftw! cheapest grippy tires ive ever driven.

BTW. anyone know a site that calcs proper tire pressure?