Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Brand/Model: Falken Azenis RT-615

Size:
205/50/15

Performance Category: Ultra high performance summer

Treadwear:

Cost: $80/tire

Your Impression: Tires Grip for DAYS. traction through out all gears when accelerating (no chirping or minimal wheel spin) cornering is amazing with these bad boys! :thumbs up

Pros:

1) Best bang for the buck
2) Good treadwear
3) Excellent grip
4) Looks sexy
5) Great for touge and autocross

Cons:
Start to lose traction when heated up. Also cant imaging they are good for the winter

Overall Rating:

4/5

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Brand/Model: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW

Size:205/50/17

Performance Category:Ultra High Performance Summer

Treadwear: 300

Cost: $130ea

Your Impression: They are ok, i have bought them more than once.

Pros:good wet traction/ dry traction is there but with 270+ whp..they suck

Cons:
dont last long at all, good for a DD..dont use them on a track where traction is a must. Kinda Noisy.

Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW!

Pictures (optional):

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Brand/Model: Falken Azenis RT-615K

Size: 215/45/16

Performance Category: Ultra high performance summer

Treadwear: 200

Cost: $130/Tire

Your Impression: More consistent than the Rt-615 which i previously reviewed. Amazing tires, Have only used them once at the track but they are amazing. Very consistent feel and are extremely forgiving. Low road noise if any and they dont get greasy like the old Azenis did.

Pros:
1) looks sexy
2) more consistent than old model
3) same sizes as the RT-615
4) exact same tire, but they made it even better
5) will get you out of snow

Cons:
1) expensive
2) tread life is short for a daily
3) sucks going through puddles

Overall Rating:

Blue95gsr

That car you smoked!
Brand/Model: Yokohama S.Drives

Size: 205/50/R15

Performance Category: Summer Tire? Ultra Performance Summer Tire?

Treadwear: 300

Cost: $99 (Discount Tire), $79 (Tire Rack)

Your Impression: I really enjoy the grip when going into turns and curves. The grip in the rain is a bit less than dry (obviously), but still has some good grip. Being here in Texas, we get snow once every five years :lol: and I have yet to run them in snow.

Pros:Grip, look, yeah about all I got at the moment

Cons: Not as good in rain, price isnt too bad, but more than wanting to spend, pretty sure they suck in the snow.

Overall Rating: (1-5) 4.5 , 4 in the rain

BeatBox

Real Good!
Brand/Model: BFGoodrich G Force Sports

Size: 205-55-15

Performance Category:Summer Tire

Treadwear:340 AA

Cost:$78 ( got mine for $34 for the set :ninja: Work At Discount Tire FTMFW )

Your Impression:Love them so far had kumho's in the past and was not happy too much rode noise IMO the G Force's are quiet and grip pretty good. Dont squeak until 70 on the on/off ramp lol

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport

Pros: grip and price

Cons: Not a Winter Tire

Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW! 5

Pictures (optional):

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Brand/Model: Kumho Ecsta XS

Size: 205/50-15

Performance Category: Max Grip summer

Treadwear: 180 UTQG

Cost: $88/tire

Your Impression:
Excellent tire. Not as much overall grip or response as a Neova AD08. However, the tire is consistent, progressive and still extremely sticky for a street tire. Worlds better than an RT-615/K and it's cheaper! The Kumho XS can get beat on all day with no loss in performance. You can take the same turn the same way ten times, and the tire will act the same every single time. The same can't be said for an RT-615/K or even a Dunlop Z1 Star Spec. Overall grip is pretty good, and wet traction is also above average. Don't take these out in standing water though.

Pros:
1). Best bang-for-your-buck tire
2). Better and more consistent than an RT-615/K or Z1 Star Spec
3). Consistent, progressive, responsive
4). Treadwear isn't excessively bad like other tires in the category

Cons:
1). Overall grip could be improved some

Overall Rating: 4.5

Pictures (optional):

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Car: 97 integra ls

Brand/Model: Wanli s1088

Size: 215/45/17

Performance Category: ultra high performance

Treadwear: not sure

Cost: $51

Your Impression: came on the rims when i bought them and they looked cool

Pros: cool looking tread pattern, lip protection (tire sticks out farther than rim so no curb rash), its only $50

Cons: very very noisy (i can hear them over my catback), no consistancy throughout tire (cannot be correctly balanced there are always vibrations), very poor wet road handling, because of low consistancy spots have lots of tread left and some have none on the same tire

Overall Rating: 1: this tire sucks....do not buy it!!!!

*not my tires but same type

SirLaughsALot

Car: 94 Acura Integra w/ Traction Bar, Tein Flexes, Comptech Rear Sway/Tie, Strut Bars, Camber Kits (-2.5F/-1.4R, Toe 0)

Driving Style: 75% Mountain Road driven at 7/10ths, 15% Highway, 10% City (Weekend Warrior)

Brand/Model: Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position

Size: 195/60-15

Performance Category: Ultra High Performance All Season

Treadwear: 400AA A w/ 40k Mile Warranty

Cost: $90

Your Impression: Amazing in the rain, grippy when warm, no chunking, wears like iron, moderately stiff sidewall, quiet on highway.

Pros: Best Rain Tire out there (The New 970 is great too!), Quiet, Handles remarkably well for what it is, It can take the heat, breaks consistently for confidence inspired driving, excellent on the highway

Cons: A bit expensive for the size and not an ideal actual tire width (6.2" Tread)

Overall Rating: 5 - Wowzers, great All Season! Don't let the thin tread sway you, these tires are comparable to my Toyo T1Rs grip with twice the treadlife.

Last edited:

bkirshr

User that is Registered
bump. I am looking for new tires and want to see some more reviews. Plus this is a good informational thread, so why not keep it at the top

Nick_C78

Brand/Model: Hankook Ventus RS-3

Size: 225/45/15

Performance Category: Extreme Performance Summer

Treadwear: 140

Cost: I paid $492 for the full set out the door, including mounting.

Your Impression: It is a really good track tire. Has insane dry performance at the track. They handle heat very well. Grip for days. However, they require a lot of camber because of soft sidewalls.

Pros: Really grippy. Very wide contact patch. Handled the heat very well, never got greasy.

Cons: Soft sidewalls. Not all that great in the rain

I give them overall a 5 rating. They did exactly what I wanted. My alignment settings were a little off which caused some sidewall wear, but that was my fault not the tire. Very good tire. Highly recommend. I will be buying them again.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Brand/Model:
Toyo Proxes RA1

Size:
205 / 50 / 15

Performance Category:
DOT Competition Tire

Treadwear:

Cost:
$160 / tire

Your Impression:
My set of RA1s are take offs from a Spec Miata car. They were originally shaved to 3/32" to reveal a slick surface (The RA1 is a great rain tire unshaved, but shaving the tire is recommended for dry weather) and used for one race. I like these tires, they give a lot of confidence, but closer to the limits, they feel different. For instance These tires towards the limit feel like the back end is going to come around; you need a lot of slip angle to drive them correctly. These tires have a high learning curve. But the grip is unlike anything, they get faster as they are about to cord. Heat cycling does absolutly nothing to them. But overall, they do need to be warmed up. I find that the proper operating window is around 38psi. Anymore the car gets unhappy and doesnt want to play nice. Another draw back to these tires, is that when they squeel and shout, you are really close to the limits of adhesion, unlike a street tire where you still have some wiggle room.

Pros:
Grip for days

Cons:
cant drive them on the street
you have to warm them up
these tires like camber!

Pictures (optional):

renarudo

Brand/Model:
Yokohama YK 520

Size:
195/55/R15 H

Performance Category:
All Season Performance

Treadwear:

Cost:
$100/tire

Your Impression:
These tires wear very well if you daily your ride. When these get heated from aggressive driving I feel the grip slowly fading away and the need to correct turn in more once that starts to happen.

Pros:
Quiet, and comfortable for daily/spirited driving. High wear rating and 60,000 mile warranty.

Cons:
Can feel kind of numb when taking turns to the limit (Track days). Wish they came with a V speed rating for added grip; but I realize for the tread rating it was a necessary sacrifice.

Pictures (optional):