Tire Rupture?

LivingAlone@17

I bought brand new Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid with uni-t for $250, well they were used, like 200 miles used.

Well, I drove to KS and back (300 miles). well, on my return trip, I heard this wobbling, and then a gradual turn to the left. so I got off the free way, but the wobbling got so back I had to stop on the off ramp.

when I got out, I looked under my hood, because it was smoking. well, nothing in there was smoking. it was my wheel. So I took it off, it was dead flat. well, nothing was wrong though, so I put a spare on, and my break were locked up. so I thought my brakes were stuck.

anyway to make a long story short. I had the E-brake on after I stopped, so my brakes wern't stuck. and the thing that was smoking was my brand new tire. on the driver side.

It was totally blown out, but only on the inside... Any idea what could cause this?

I bought them used, but shouldn't these tire be under warranty, or should I even be able to get a replacement since it is so obviously a manufacture defect?

I am going down to bridgestone tomorrow, and I am going to complain and show them the damage. But I am not sure if they will do anything, since I didn't buy them from him...

Should I lie and say I did buy them, but I lost my receipt. The guy I bought them from bought them from this store. so maybe they won't ask for my name? and just look up the serial code? maybe?

The side wall broke in half, the bead is still on the tire tight. the part going from the bead to the wall tore in half :/

And, it only has maybe 1K miles on it right now, the tread is perfect. so it nothing like it was weak. it was just made poorly...

PICTURES:

HELP ME PLEASE :(

Last edited:

db1love

thatss weird, if it happened to the outside of the tire i would have an explanation for you, but ive never seen that, and i would raise hell in that store, say the car swerved and you almost took out a school bus haha, well thats a lil much hah but yes i would lie and say you lost ur reciept

Papa_Dios

same happened to my cousin very dangerous indeed...go back say you lost your receipt and see how they play it....make a big deal about it though lol

DagoAcura92

I say lie about the receipt but don't raise hell and act like an a$$ about it tho. Make sure u point out that this is not suspension related, the inside is not worn from negative camber. Press the issue about u being on the freeway, at normal speed, when it happened and that it started pulling to the left toward traffic. Don't back down, but keep a level head.