Tire Size On Si Wheels? Help!

DeathMetalTony

Hey Everyone,

I tried doing a search on the best tire size for a DA and i came across some info really good info.

I'm in the market on buying some tires I currently have the option of buying some Hankook Ventus 205/50/15 for 140 out the door (my hook up).

I was wondering what people have installed on there Si Wheels, and if you have any pics will really appreciated.

Thanks, Tony.

red.line

I had 195/50's when I was rocking EM1 wheels and I believe the stock size is 195/55, but 205/50's would work great also (I would have preferred them actually.)

Cripton805

But I thought wider was better? When I had my camaro I use to have 295's on the rear awsome meat in the back :)

Tony.
You are right, but youre asking what is best for the rims you have. The si's are 6.5.

I would go 205/50 on 15 inch 7 inch wide rims

And 45s if they were 16s

90tegDa9

yea the stock size for them is 195/55
if i were u i would get the 205/50 unless ur gonna be really low then go 195/50

Cripton805

I answered your question. For 15x6.5 is 195 and for 15x7 is 205. And both being 50s

Youre going to see a slight bulge if you go 205 on those rims, but heck what do I know. Lmao

red.line

The EM1 alloys are 15x6 (not 6.5)..same with most OEM Honda 15" alloy wheels.
205's are nice because of the wider contact patch, but it's true that your sidewall will "bulge" out a bit and it will also be a little taller.

Cripton805

The EM1 alloys are 15x6 (not 6.5)..same with most OEM Hondia 15" alloy wheels.
205's are nice because of the wider contact patch, but it's true that your sidewall will "bulge" out a bit and it will also be a little taller.
thats even worse lol.
It actually makes you slower too. Google it.

DeathMetalTony

Thanks everyone for all the info still thinking on what size to go with. I might go pick up some tires today.

Would be nice if someone had pictures of both tire sizes on SI wheels to give me a better idea.

Tony.

red.line

thats even worse lol.
It actually makes you slower too. Google it.
Lol it doesn't make you slower (if you're referring to the bigger tire size)..all it does is throw your speedometer off so it's no longer accurate.
Sure, it might have an negligible effect due to added weight and rotational mass, but it's so insignificant, you'd never notice it.
And for most people, it only throws the speedo out by a couple mph, not enough to worry about.
Here's a handy little tool (for those who haven't seen this) that will show you the difference between your stock tire size and whatever tires you're wanting to throw on your car:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html