Tire Sizing

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
it depends on the specs of the wheel... i had a 17" enkei evo 6 with 45 tires (almost exactly stock size (15" rim w/ 65 tires)) and the would rub

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
yeah it depends on how low you go, the size of your rims and the size of your tires.

i'm dropped nearly 2.75 inches in the front and around 2.50 in the back on GSR Blades with 205/50 tires. no rubbing whatsoever.

i had honda fit rims with 195/60 tires before that and i would rub on every u-turn, sharp turn, and on nearly every speed bump that i forgot to slow down on.

Last edited:

Black teg

Catch me if you can
Not just the size but the offset of the rim makes the biggest difference. If you have a rim the has close to 0 offset the rims will sit closer to the fender. If you have a rim with around +35 +40 you should be good. Factory Integra rims are +40 offset.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
Not just the size but the offset of the rim makes the biggest difference. If you have a rim the has close to 0 offset the rims will sit closer to the fender. If you have a rim with around +35 +40 you should be good. Factory Integra rims are +40 offset.
:thumbs up i forgot about the offset.

Doworkson4521

16x7.5 +35 offset rpf1s, riding pretty low and rub my fenders but mainly because I haven't rolled them yet.

Edit tire size-205/45/16

Black teg

Catch me if you can
I'm running a 195/50R15 on mine and my rims are 15X7 with +35 offset. I rubbed at first, but I'm also about a 2.75" drop. I don't rub no more, as I flared my fenders a little bit.

On my blazer 4x4 my OEM rims where a 15x7 with +38 offset and the rims I have now are 15x8.5 with 0 offset, so they hit the fender and bumper, but I just cut them both so it does not rub now, plus I just put a lift kit in to help,lol. I'm running a 31x10.5x15 tire. I just ordered new rims today for it and the offset is -12mm so they will sit out ever more.

A lot of people forget about offset, but it is one of the most important things you need to look at.

BeatBox

Real Good!
I'm running a 195/50R15 on mine and my rims are 15X7 with +35 offset. I rubbed at first, but I'm also about a 2.75" drop. I don't rub no more, as I flared my fenders a little bit.

On my blazer 4x4 my OEM rims where a 15x7 with +38 offset and the rims I have now are 15x8.5 with 0 offset, so they hit the fender and bumper, but I just cut them both so it does not rub now, plus I just put a lift kit in to help,lol. I'm running a 31x10.5x15 tire. I just ordered new rims today for it and the offset is -12mm so they will sit out ever more.

A lot of people forget about offset, but it is one of the most important things you need to look at.
those damn 4wd blazers and their offsets!
i have a 00 jimmy 4wd too, damn its a pain to find wheels for them
the 2wd ones are not problem, but the 4wd have a weird offset, the axles front and rear axles are a different lenght, i have adapters on the rear of mine to sit as close to the front as possible.
im running the stock size tires but have 24s for summer wheels(yeah 24s on a 4wd lol ) they dont rub at all :)

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Not just the size but the offset of the rim makes the biggest difference.
i said specs and i meant for it to cover the size and offset. i didnt include offset because i bought my wheels (set of 4 w/ tires) used for $100, the guy didnt know the offset but i tried them on and they had clearance all around so i got em. they must have been closer to +35 or +30, but they ran 215 width so they were really wide for a stock teg

Chad D.

Registered Abuser
Hey guys, not trying to thread jack but I have this same question, and being a newb I didn't want to start another thread. I am looking at some rims to match my RX8. The gf wants a car to track with me and I have been building a so-so Daily Driver for me to get up to par for the spring. The rims are Super Advan SA3R 16" rim. The size are 16x7 offset 35 100 4h.
I want to drop around 3 inches on coilovers. Any recommendation on tire size, if I will have to trim anything and/or pull/roll the fenders. PM me if you want/
No need to flame my ride but this is how my 8 sits, i'm still working on my stance, would like the teg to match.