Tires rubbing after lowering

ryanDC

so getting 50s in the front and keeping the 60s in the rear.
so that i dont get screwed over on a turn

99Integrags

i say get matching tires cus if you get 50 series in the front and stay with 60 series in the rear its gonna look like a hot rod! Plus youll tend to bottom out that front more in the Frisco hills!

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
i say get matching tires cus if you get 50 series in the front and stay with 60 series in the rear its gonna look like a hot rod! Plus youll tend to bottom out that front more in the Frisco hills!
good point, with the back being higher, the very front will be lower, those hills will eat ur front end too

ryanDC

i know haha but ill only be keeping the rears temporarily, low on funding.
or should i just wait until i can afford all 4 tires

what kind of front lip do you have btw?

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
i know haha but ill only be keeping the rears temporarily, low on funding.
or should i just wait until i can afford all 4 tires

what kind of front lip do you have btw?
i think you should get those 2 new tires on the front, better to get the right size and not rub than keep the size and rub. when u can afford the other two, get it if you dont like the rear being higher. either way, watch your front end lol

ryanDC

the route that i take everyday to school doesnt really have any hills. i can get over the speed bumps but it just scratches the mudguards. So ill definitely be watching my front end with new tires.

Does the width of the tire play a roll in the rubbing?

michaelz

Does the width of the tire play a roll in the rubbing?
very much so. you could stretch a smaller tyre on the wheel but a skinnier than stock tyre isn't exactly good for grip. roll the guard, should be a fairly cheap thing to do.

00GSRfullbuild

I never see any other lowered teggies with rolled fenders. I wouldnt want any body work done to it
Its not sumthing you will notice as they drive by, you literally have to be looking in there wheel well. If your gonna be as low as you are now, you pretty much need to roll them a little. Just roll the inner lip so slightly and you would be suprised at how much more clearance youll have.