Tires - which of these would you recommend?

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
maby 13k for me. Daily driving + 10 events. I run the opposite settup as you. Stickies in the front and less grip in the back. Then you can snap the rear out by trail braking or lifting in the corner. much more fun. 3rd gens are stable and controllable in a slide. Not too quick to come around on you like 1st gens, crxs, neons...
Thanks. Was that 13k to the tread line or until bald/to the cords? Mine get pulled off once they hit the tread line. Not worth the risk IMHO...slicks don't do too well in rain. :p

Just for clarification, this is not my setup. I was stuck with the previous owner's setup and I absolutely hate it. Could have switched the front and rear, but didn't see a point since I was getting new tires soon anyway. And thought the all season would be better left on the front for the winter. The rear tires were almost gone and there was a lot of tread left on the front. But I can say I've had fun burning through those from time to time since they're about to be pulled off anyway. :twisted:

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
do you need a specific tire class?
i run falken azenis rt615k for circuit and auto x

i want to try the Khumo Ecsta XS or the Dunlop Star Spec.
Getting the Kumho Ecsta XS on Friday. After hearing you guys rave about the "extreme performance summer tires," I decided to give them a try. After talking to the guy at the local shop (who handles a bunch of the race cars/exotics in the area), I decided to go with the XS as they seem to provide the best bang for the buck.

I'll let you know how I like them after Sunday's autox. Will post my thoughts on my build thread.

Last edited:

NON-VTEC

yokahama s drive are nice, also nitto neogens are pretty awesome as well