To align or not to align.

jwh0818

I'm wondering how bad of an alignment I will need. I changed the passenger side cv axle about 2 weeks ago and I'm replacing the driver side Friday. I'm also getting new tires and rims Friday and I have to replace a wheel stud and brake pads. So will I really need an alignment or not.

Also will 17" rims change how fast I'm going compared to what the speedometer is showing?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I dont think changing axles will do anything with your alignment. Even changing tires/rims shouldnt do that much. That said if you havent done one this year, just get it done.

gugiey

It does pull to the right some
is it a pull or a drift .
pulls can be caused by bad tires . or low tire pressure

I useally recommend a alignment after installing new tires so you know your tires won't unevenly wear
you want to save your investment as much as you can . i would do a alignment .

TheCrimsonStar

I'm wondering how bad of an alignment I will need. I changed the passenger side cv axle about 2 weeks ago and I'm replacing the driver side Friday. I'm also getting new tires and rims Friday and I have to replace a wheel stud and brake pads. So will I really need an alignment or not.

Also will 17" rims change how fast I'm going compared to what the speedometer is showing?
Fill your tires up to the recommended psi for each tire, change the axle and brakes and if it still pulls then you probably need an alignment. As for the 17" rims yes your speesometer will read slightly lower than what you're actually going. Imo 17" is too big for a teg. I'd go 16" max.

Sent from my GameBoy Color using Tapatalk.

jwh0818

Okay I had them filled properly. I have the stock stellies right now and the front passenger side still sits noticeably lower than the rest of the car

Also what's wrong with 17"

Last edited:

mjones73

Okay I had them filled properly. I have the stock stellies right now and the front passenger side still sits noticeably lower than the rest of the car

Also what's wrong with 17"
That has nothing to do with the alignment. Sitting low would be a spring problem.

TheCrimsonStar

The pass side sitting low would explain it pulling to the right. Spring probably needs replacing. I personally think 16" is the biggest you should go with rim size due to fitment/rubbing issues with bigger sizes but it's all personal preference. If you really want 17s just make sure you get the right tire size so it fits. That or you could get a set of 17s with a big offset and just roll your fenders.

Sent from my GameBoy Color using Tapatalk.

99TegLs

also, 17's are usually a little large for our cars unless done right. 16's are sweet! aaaand 15's are what everyone gets.

White95SE

17's look hell goofy on Integras imo. Better for a DC5.. but then you didn't ask for our opinion did you?

No you don't need an alignment after that, but it's a good idea to do it once a year or so.