To Be Or Not To Be...Turbo?

death6543

So i have this 92 Integra db1 has about 150,000 miles on the engine. The engine runs strong has good compression. So i got this ebay Turbo kit that came from DNA motors in CA, I also have
Walbro 255LPH HP fuel pump, 440cc fuel injectors,Arp head studs, DOHC head gasket set,Timing belt kit
and a short dual core Radiator. I need wide band O2 and the ecu chipped and tuned.

Now I only want to do like 6-7 psi. This car is my daily driver and i wanna keep it that way Im not made of money, I can install every thing except for the ecu chip and tuning. But I hear A lot about guys blowing their engines with there turbos but i think they where all pushing it with the psi. My question is with the psi I want and the set up I have. Is a relatively safe for the engine set up? :shock:

Mabe I should sell the turbo and get a vtech head idk what would be better for longevity?

2kdb7

Ooooookkkkk
1. It's VTEC not vtech that's a toy/electronic company

2. Research. If you can't google turbo integra and read you can't turbo your car. This forum is asked that question at least 2 a week use search

3. EBAY SHIT SUCKS AND WILL NOT LAST

4. What is your hp goal? Different psi on different turbos will have different outputs

5. RESEARCH

death6543

1.Who cares i put an h Omg its the end of the world.

2.Chill the hell out dude if you can't be normal and post some thing then DON'T!

Last edited:

cpeehler7

Banned
Basically what he is saying is... An ebay turbo is bound to be unreliable, and wouldn't want one on his car. I wouldn't want to put one on my car either. If I was going to boost mine, I would probably buy a greddy turbo for reliability. Also, you need to research yourself. There is no definitive answer, you have to research and learn about it yourself. Find out what is best for you/your driving/setup. When I made a thread about suspension parts I had tons of different suggestions, I looked a lot of them up and figured out what I needed for my car.

I've never worked with turbos, and haven't researched them all that much though. Other guys can probably give you more info, and there are probably a lot of threads that answer your question well. Best of luck.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
To be, or not to be: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep; No more; and by a sleep to say we end The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub; For in that sleep of death what dreams may come.

death6543

I installed a new head gasket with arp head studs and a timing belt kit car runs strong. Good even compression on all cylinders so im going install the turbo just saving money for the chip and tune at the dyno. and for all the haters i do all my own work and b18a1 engines are cheap as hell to replace its not a big deal!!!

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
This is a typical turbo thread. Asking for help and then throwing all advice given out the window.

Do whatever you want.

If it isnt professionally tuned its going to blow.
If the internals are worn its going to blow.
PSI has nothing to do with how much a block can handle stock, depending on turbo size-PSI is an inaccurate measurement.
Ebay turbo setups are fine, buy the kit. Ditch the turbo and buy a real one. The block will blow before kit without a rebuild/tune.

If you want reliability, invest in as much as possible with a professional tuner and dyno time. NA and FI engines are just as reliable as the other with a pro-tune.

And it isnt even about how cheap something is to replace, its the fact that you have to replace it. Why not do it right the first time and forget about it? Whatever gets your panties wet yo.

OneFastGSR

Some people have to learn from experience. I know I learned the hard way and it was pricey. Had a b18c5 with a built head brian crower stage 3 cams, Boosted it and it lasted about 30 minutes of driving. Got starved of oil, Cams f***ed up the head casting and stopped the cam, Ripped timing belt, Bent all the valves, and block had a spun rod bearing. Entire motor was paper weight