To buy or not to buy 98 -00 integra

cj92

To buy or not to buy 97 integra ls swap PICTURES ADDED

I found a 3rd gen integra for sale wanted to get y'alls input on it. The good: 138k miles,recent timing job, clean interior 5spd, headers and intake. The bad: may need a new clutch, oil leak,needs a tuneup, looks like someone tried to roll the fenders, looks to have been wrecked in the front before,looks like its been bottomed out a few times, aftermarket 17's with bald tires, holes in hatch from an aftermarket spoiler, was repainted black orginally silver, hacked up aftermarket headlights and wiring, ugly ground effects that have been sprayed gold lol. The guy has had it for awhile and is asking $1500 for it the guys at the shop i work at think i can get it for around $600. I hope to put it on the lift monday for closer inspection just wanted to get another opinion as to if this is even worth buying. Will post pictures when i can get to a computer.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Pass

It's a clapped out piece of shit from the sound of it.

It'd be questionably worth it if it was a GS-R/typeR, but if it's an LS/GS/RS, ditch it. Not even worth $600.

cj92

I'm not sure what model it is I know it has A 5 speed with dual overhead cam VTEC

K3Ntegra

I'm not sure what model it is I know it has A 5 speed with dual overhead cam VTEC
Yeah, VTEC (170hp) only come in the GS-R and Type R trims.

If you're willing to do repairs yourself, I'd definitely consider buying it. If not, be ready to spend 4-6k on labor to get it up to 200k miles.

It's considered an 'easy car to work on' minus the rusted bolts, if you live in a place where salt is sprayed on the road. Of all the repairs that mechanics have done to my car, the only one I'd consider leaving to them would be front wheel bearings.

Even a timing belt job, can be done by a single individual with within 5 hours on their second attempt.

Parts for the non-vtec, are relatively cheap since many are swappable with Honda Civics.

Last edited:

cj92

In all its ricey glory sorry i don't have anymore, took these real quick on the way to my second job.

R13

The other asshole
That doesn't look as bad as you made it sound.

Looks like a swap though, or ls/vtec, but I could be wrong.

If you could get it for under 1k then go for it, if it's worth that to you that is.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Definitely check compression and do a leakdown. Why buy a bad motor in a chassis thats been wrecked or hit.

First make sure its a B18C1 or B18C engine

cj92

it looks better in pictures wish i had more time to get better pictures, but i do recall the block saying b18c dont recall if it had a 1 though it runs and sounds good. They just got done doing timing on it.

itzrivera

For $600? I would scoop that up ASAP. It would make a nice beater/commuter car, or you could even part out and make some money back, if at least the head is good. Looks like the fenders, bumpers, headlights, taillights are all in check.

cj92

Alright guys hears what I learned its 97 ls model. It has a gsr motor b18c1 has electric fans, intake, header,and exhaust

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
That cracked weld is kind sketchy, but chances are it'll do no harm for daily driving.

Read the vin next to the fuel filter on the firewall, if it says dc4 it's an LS/GS, if it says dc2 it's a GS-R, but chances are being originally silver it's a LS, because almost all of the f***in' LS's were silver. :lol:

Still, for $600-1000 I suppose it's worth it if you have a use for it, I've definitely seen worse.

94RS

No fucks given.
That cracked weld is kind sketchy, but chances are it'll do no harm for daily driving.

Read the vin next to the fuel filter on the firewall, if it says dc4 it's an LS/GS, if it says dc2 it's a GS-R, but chances are being originally silver it's a LS, because almost all of the f***in' LS's were silver. :lol:

Still, for $600-1000 I suppose it's worth it if you have a use for it, I've definitely seen worse.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
If the motor is healthy id pick it up, take the engine/trans and whatever else i need then sell the shell or part it out to make some of my money back.

But thats what id do in MY situation, its up to you.
You said you work at a shop, do a compression test and leakdown son