Tokico Blues struts

Space Cadet

LOBALLN
Recently I got some Tokicos for my DA, front and rear. I decided to put them on today, began with the rear an relized they are about an 2 inches too tall. Has anyone else had this trouble with the tokicol blues??

part # on the rears I have is TOHU 2863. Havent messed with the fronts yet, does anyone know if I will have the same problem with these struts??

Space Cadet

LOBALLN
How could I possibly put them on incorrectly? It seems like the shaft that you bolt to the damper mount is too tall. I completely bolted them in and the top of the shock sits up out of the hole about an inch or so. I noticed when I was installing the spring they were a little taller then what the spring was supposed to fit in. I have skunk 2 lowering springs btw, everythings brand new

emd513

you have to compress them to get them in

Space Cadet

LOBALLN
Compress the shocks? Or the springs? I didn't have to compress the springs to fit them on the shock, that's when i first noticed the shocks were kinda tall

Rich-PMS

You have lowering springs... So your spring isn't going to sit where the top of the strut extends. You have to put the top 2 bolts through the wheelwells and hand tighten them. Then push up on strut to align onto the LCA