too much fuel?

STAYFIT

well, its not that i dont think. i took it off and flushed it out and the fluid that came out was clean so i dont think it was the iacv. im going to run up and grab a new o2 sensor and see what that does then if that doesnt fix it im not sure what to do.

STAYFIT

for the moment i am i belive it needs new rings, cause im not loosing coolant so i dont think its the head gasket. i want to fix the idle first. there isnt much i can do to fix the rings at the moment. its not on the road yet anyways so its not hurting anything.

STAYFIT

yeah i kind of figured it would, but its a stock oem sensor from 90 so if its lasted this long then the new one will last awile until i get this oil problem fixed. it will be fixed before i get it ready for the road. im replacing the exaust some time this weekend cause that is in need of tlc BAD it rattles and leaks so ill do that then sometime this month im moving downtown and ill have about 5k left out of that and im going to take it somewhere and have them pull the b18 and put new rings in it and put her back together. sensor is only 30 bucks so if it lasts me till i get it rebuilt then ill be happy.

danda2

da-dan
hondas work best with honda products so dont go to a parts store go to honda or NGK for the o2 sensor its about $40 and its a 4 cyclinder pre OBD2 so it only has 1on the headers

yunwawa

the fact still remains that the ecu is shooting too much fuel into the combustion chamber when you hit the throttle. Try messing with the Idle control sensor or have a reflash done (+1 for whoever said that). Also if you want to get around the that whole process you can buy spark plug inserts and drill them out to fit your O2 sensor. It's a quick fix until you can put some real cash down to fix the solution

STAYFIT

Also if you want to get around the that whole process you can buy spark plug inserts and drill them out to fit your O2 sensor. It's a quick fix until you can put some real cash down to fix the solution
what do you mean sparkplug inserts? im lost :???:

STAYFIT

i replaced the o2 and its still getting too much fuel, it stopped smoking so i think when i changed my exhaust it stopped burning the oil so the o2 sensor isnt fouled at all. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

have you considered that the previous owner may have had a reflash done and the tune be bad? Have you made sure its the right ECU?
*I know its a long shot, but its just an out of left field idea I had.

STAYFIT

no i really doubt it had a reflash. its the stock ecu. the only thing that was done to it was the megan header and the ebay cai.