too much stuff in engine?

01FTW

Fuck the tuck!

Keep the engine bay as-is. AC is great when its really hot outside, trust me..

Prozon

Kris
Washington doesn't get all that hot lol. Two months out of the year it gets over 70 degrees lol.

Anyways, not like you have to go and tuck all out. You can do a mild tuck just a few things.

Prozon

Kris
Washington doesn't get all that hot lol. Two months out of the year it gets over 70 degrees lol.

Anyways, not like you have to go and tuck all out. You can do a mild tuck just a few things.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
get a drycel battery and relocate it inside your car, get a cold air intake. and relocating the fuse box to the inside are a couple easy things you can do.

SnD3

get a drycel battery and relocate it inside your car, get a cold air intake. and relocating the fuse box to the inside are a couple easy things you can do.
Wait, you mean his short ram isn't considered CAIS? In my opinion it is... lol Now if he had a cold box on it, it would make more sense, since this thing is actually sucking in hot air, now... lol :D

mirrorimg

Wait, you mean his short ram isn't considered CAIS? In my opinion it is... lol Now if he had a cold box on it, it would make more sense, since this thing is actually sucking in hot air, now... lol :D
A short ram intake is not a cold air intake. Just because its a pipe, and does the same thing, doesnt mean it is the same.

Is a truck the same as a car because it has 4 wheels and rolls?

A short ram intake has the filter sitting in the engine compartment, a CAI puts the filter in the fender, away from the high engine temperature. Thats what makes it different.

phatintegra

Banned
A short ram intake is not a cold air intake. Just because its a pipe, and does the same thing, doesnt mean it is the same.

A short ram intake has the filter sitting in the engine compartment, a CAI puts the filter in the fender, away from the high engine temperature. Thats what makes it different.
um yes and no.

Cold air draw air from outside the vehicle. Short ram draws air from the engine bay.

For Example.
You can still have a cold intake if there was some box (filter inside) isolate the hot air from the engine bay and still draw air from outside another example the comptech icebox.

embr

if youve got the time then go for it but i dont see the point in it if its still a street car or dd, if your building a trailer queen then yea, but pointless otherwise

SnD3

This is true. :) You are right, but then again, also technically wrong. Not calling you out, just clarifying it... The cold air box, if placed over the same location of the stock box, would still be allowing for it to be cold air intake. :) I know that having it inside the fender is better, but thinking about water coming in through that, and tons of mass moisture, can't be good for an engine! lol :)