top mount turbo kit?

db84life

hey sup.....does anyone here have a turbo set up that is top mount? if so... how good the system ? is it worth it or not....
does it help since it is located closer over the trany?

k624ash

db84life said:
hey sup.....does anyone here have a turbo set up that is top mount? if so... how good the system ? is it worth it or not....
does it help since it is located closer over the trany?
what like a top mount intercooler, or do you mean a manifold that puts the turbo on top?

db84life

yea... turbo sit on top of the custom manifold closer above the trany... close to the vtec solinold if u got a vtec
its a weird set up, but im juz curious how the performance diff. to the basic set up....

db84life

So I'm Guessing That No One Saw One Or Have One On There Car?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
WTF what is going on here? Ok the turbo is going to be placed off of the exhaust manifold on the motor, whether it's on top or bottom it doesn't really matter, what does is how the manifold is shaped and how the turbo piping is run. Being closer to the tranny or vtec solenoid doesn't mean shit. Who comes up with this stuff. No disrespect I know your just trying to understand but I keep seeing the weirdest questions posted on these forums. :D

Winki

Undercover mod
db84life said:
So I'm Guessing That No One Saw One Or Have One On There Car?
yeah some friends of mine have a top mount and it works great they used to use equal lengths manis but the top mount is more efficent. i actually though about buying one but no good for AC :(

speedin

The Transporter
I beleve it has to do mostly with heat. being away from the engine it can keep (A LITTLE) cooler, but i doubt by much. But it makes sense they flow more, their are less bends than in a ramhorn.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Spoolin performance bitches......

Spoolin again.....

Spoolins top mount > Full-Races topmount IMO.