Top Mounted Intake?

LightSkinbyYosi

So I lowered my Integra a large amount, and I have a CAI which sucks in water every so often when it rains hard here in Mass. I was wondering if there would be a way to make almost a top mounted one similar to what you'd see in STIs and Evos. Feedback?

Nick_C78

I was wondering if there would be a way to make almost a top mounted one similar to what you'd see in STIs and Evos. Feedback?
First..you are thinking of the intercooler. Not the intake. Intercooler is only for boosted cars, sir.

Second.. Only the STI is top mounted, the evo has a front mount.

Third..Get a short ram intake or go back to stock.

Murphy

Meat Master
Just put on a dry flow cover sold by aem.

Murphy

Meat Master
If you seal the edges filter with silicon yeah it's completely waterproof. If you submerge the whole filter in water and mash the pedal yeah the engine will cut off but it won't hydrolock.

Nick_C78

Answer me this...how can it be water proof if air can get in to it? I promise it isn't water proof, however it might just simply suffocate the motor before hydrolock, but that is horribly wrong to say water proof. The point is this...if you are in a place where submerging your intake is an issue..just get a fucking SRI. I am sure your street car won't notice the 3hp difference.

LightSkinbyYosi

I misused words. But I guess it was a stupid post, I'll just get a short ram and call it a day. My apologies for my brief stupidity.