total newb needing suggestions

rburkett93

So Im new to the teggy world. Just got my 97 gs and I was thinking tuner car=body kit right? but i keep seeing all these integras with front lip kits lowered so im lost I hate the way a car looks when it has a cheap looking body kit so I am in need of help deciding Front lip or Full body kit???:shock:

R13

The other asshole
Front lip, Body kits haven't been a thing in a while, here it's all about Function>form
Get a nice front lip and some good coilovers

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Body kit = ricer = super ghey. Please don't do it. My suggestion is to take a stroll around the site, check out people's build threads, and see what you like.

rburkett93

thanks i have a friend with a 97 and he has a front lip and i love the way it looks but i wasnt too sure what to go with its going to be a daily driver anyways so a kit probably wouldnt be the best idea for it (cracking risk) and plus i have always thought they looked really cheap unless they sat right on the ground. Any suggestions on a good brand for a lip? again total noob

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Body kit = ricer = super ghey. Please don't do it. ... see what you like.
As much as I agree with body kits being ridiculous, I will also say that each person should make their own choices for their car. I've always said that I'm building my car for me, not for other people - so why let people tell me what I should or shouldn't put on it?

On the same token though, it's nice to have suggestions and such from other people to inform you of what other options are out there. On this forum, you'll find that the 99% of the population is into the OEM++ look, if you will. OEM lip kits, lowered nicely, a nice set of rims, etc. Nothing over the top, keep it simple.

rburkett93

I agree completely with making my own decisions on my own build but i figured i would get some suggestions from people that own and have owned these cars before i was riding around looking ridiculous lol but in the end ill be making all the fun decisions lol