Total Noob question lol

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
So I'm getting ready to clean up the engine bay soon and do my cam seal and put on my vc I got from Ricky but I have a question. There is a bolt that is broke off, and I want to replace it while I have it all tore apart.

Its the bolt in the bottom left corner of the VC plug wire cover. How big of a deal is that to replace?

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
just get the part number from honda, take off your vc (youre doing it already and in bolt it. its a stud and is easy to replace) ps you selling thespark plug cover???

matis

i hurd you leik tegkips?
i gotta get one of these real quick! mines on the top right hand side of the vc, and i can feel air putting out of it. not sure if its messing it up, maybe thats why im getting a check engine light every once in a while.
if i get it soon, ill let you know where i got it, and how much.

99sil-teg

Nope I'm keeping the spark plug cover for now

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I got brand new stainless steel acorn style nuts/bolts/allen head key for $10 off egay... I'll send you a pic of them if you want Josh

btw there are no such thing as noob questions ;)

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
just get the part number from honda, take off your vc (youre doing it already and in bolt it. its a stud and is easy to replace) ps you selling thespark plug cover???
not trying to thread jack...but i got 4 spares.

but the bolt is super simple to replace...once the covers off, you just unscrew it.

99sil-teg

So is it an acorn nut and then like a stud? So I would need to get a stud and acorn nut? Maybe I could just find one super cheap used, I know a guy that has lots of tegs he parts out so I might try there... If I was close to a Acura I would go there but the closest one is like an hr away atleast

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
So is it an acorn nut and then like a stud? So I would need to get a stud and acorn nut? Maybe I could just find one super cheap used, I know a guy that has lots of tegs he parts out so I might try there... If I was close to a Acura I would go there but the closest one is like an hr away atleast
if theres a honda dealer closer get one for a 00 civic si.

but its a sleeved stud..then the acorn nut bolts to the top of it.

99sil-teg

I have a honda dealer very close actually, actually I can get acura stuff from them I just have to have the p/n... where is a good place to find integra p/n's?

99sil-teg

if theres a honda dealer closer get one for a 00 civic si.

but its a sleeved stud..then the acorn nut bolts to the top of it.
Hey would a cam seal from a B16 fit a gsr? I'm gunna see if I can get the cam seal and vc gasket tomorrow so I can put my valve cover on this weekend

99sil-teg

I found this... anyone know if its right?

$20.00 OBO FelPro DOHC VTEC Cam Seals Fit:
B17A1 (92-93 Integra GSR)
B18C1 (94-01 Integra GSR)
B18C5 (97-01 Integra Type R)
B16A2 (99-00 Civic Si)
B16A3 (94-97 DelSol VTEC)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
cam seal cap? the one behind the vtec solenoid is ONLY sold at Honda
after market companies like skunk2 make them.