Tps harness quick question

Esesober

*update* ended up using da donated map sensor harness n it fixed my problem, I had rewired it wrong thinking it was supposed to be colored matched

Long story short I was driving home getting off the freeway when my car started to lack power after 2.5k rpm n check engine light came on. I got home to find that the yellow wire from the tps sensor had ripped n I'm just wondering if buying a tps harness from a junkyard will fix my problem or if I'll have to buy the whole engine harness (not sure if there's a certain length and resistance to the tps sensor). A friend thought he had an extra tps harness and I connected that to my existing wire but ended up being a map sensor n couldn't get the right voltage

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Ripped where? If its near connector just repin it. Maybe extend the wires if you need to.

Esesober

Ya it's near the connector, I tried to repin it but da wire cuz kept coming loose and will fall out

Muckman

Not a M0derator
then you aren't doing it correctly.

Esesober

Get new pins or the connector was damaged during the DE pin process.
The connector was damaged b4 da wire ripped, it somehow was melted but that was the way it was when I bought da car 2 yrs ago.da problem is fixed now that's all that matters