Track day preparation tips??

renarudo

I brought my reservation for Willow Springs through Extremespeed. Any tips from you folks that track your cars on what I can do to before showing up??Also I know some of you folks are auto x with the stock suspension...think my f&f type 1 will survive it? Should I pack any items along with me or remove some things from my car (jack, tools, and the spare). Then I'm also concerned about my bushings being old...hopefully not. As always thank you CI, I'm really excited for the 18th!!

ZaWn

1. Do an oil change
2. Make sure that there are no leaks
3. Make sure your tires have enough thread
4. Make sure you have enough brake pads
5. Bring coolant and extra oil

That should be sufficient. Also don't forget to bring water and maybe some snacks.

-Z-

OLDSKOOLACURA

1. Do an oil change
2. Make sure that there are no leaks
3. Make sure your tires have enough thread
4. Make sure you have enough brake pads
5. Bring coolant and extra oil

That should be sufficient. Also don't forget to bring water and maybe some snacks.

-Z-
Brake fluid also. depending on the life of the brake fluid, bring some extra also

Posted from my garage

renarudo

Thanks guys I will stock up on those items before the track day. Appreciate all your sage wisdom.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

You don't have to change it after every event....unless you use cheap shit.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Check the self tech sheet. Extreme Speed has one, NCRC, and Speed Ventures also.

This is the absolute minimum i do before track days:
oil change
check brake fluid
check coolant
check for leaks

On top of that, i suggest doing the following:
check suspension components for rips, cracks etc. If it needs to be serviced, service it
do a tune up, cars dont usually like to be at 7k all day long (cap rotor and plugs)
check again for leaks
make sure you have ZERO play in tie rods and wheel bearings
make sure you have tread on tires
make sure your safety equiptment is up to snuff (4 point harness = BAD)

Things i pack:
oil
brake fluid
tools
spare parts (distributor, ignitor etc)
jack
jack stands
torque wrench
water
cooler
water
energy drinks
lunchables (laugh all you want, its quick food. everyone who tracks with me knows i bring them because its quick)

NOTE:
when you park, chalk your tires. having the e brake up can warp the rotor.
blue rotors are normal on a cold track day
check your oil and coolant constantly
WSIR is a fast track if you have brake fade, come in.

and i change my oil before every track day unless i do two or 3 in one month

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Change your brake fluid before and after the track. Unless the fluid is already new, then just change after

Posted from my garage
depending on what oil you use. mobil 1 clean 5000 i would change. But if its a quality synthetic its fine for the track day and your normal interval. I just change mine before every hpde.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'm going to create an official thread for track day preparation. Thread will be posted and stickied this afternoon.