Trade for a B20 EG hatch?

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
So I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely can't stand D series engines. My 2001 civic lx is just god awful slow. I hate the acceleration and having to go almost WOT when getting on the highway. I put the car on Craigslist for trade to see what I could get, and I got a few offers. One that stood out the most, is a '92 EG hatch. B20 CRV swap, intake, header, exhaust, tuned by yosolo racing on hondata s300, type r tranny, fully adjustable suspension. The car, however, has it's quirks just as mine does. The EG has a cracked windshield, no A/C, a crack in the bumper, a little rust on a rear quarter, and a chip in the paint on the C-pillar. My car has a crack in the front bumper, the grill popped out on one side, there's a dent in the trunk and a deep scratch, there appears to be a small dent on the front quarter near the driver's door and the stupid fabric on the headliner is peeling, PLUS a mouse made it's way in the car and s*** on the dash and seats(cleaned up now). My car is obviously worth more, book value, but I need something faster. My other question besides is the trade worth it, is what is involved in trading cars with someone? What do I need to do in order to transfer my registration to the new car? So any help is appreciated, and thanks for your time to read this stupidly long post.

Here's: pics of the damage on my car:

And here's pics of the damage on the EG:

Last edited:

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I wouldn't. I'd stay away from any kinds of engine/trans swaps. But if you really like it, go see it and have both of you test drive each cars.

Btw, the eg looks like a poorly put together car. I'd stay away from that if I were you.

Sent from my phone

94RS

No fucks given.
What I wanna know is what's wrong with that EG that he isn't telling you....

Your car may be worth more in terms of book value, but it sounds like there's a lot done to that hatch. The value of parts on his car would be worth more than yours, so something might be majorly wrong with it if he's trying to just do a straight up trade.

That's just my opinion though.

Mike61096

What I wanna know is what's wrong with that EG that he isn't telling you....

Your car may be worth more in terms of book value, but it sounds like there's a lot done to that hatch. The value of parts on his car would be worth more than yours, so something might be majorly wrong with it if he's trying to just do a straight up trade.

That's just my opinion though.
Parts are worth more, no question. He says his wife's having a baby and won't let him put the baby in the EG. He says he doesn't want to sell/trade, but he doesn't really have a choice. He probably is willing to do the straight trade because while his parts are worth more, the body work to fix everything wrong with his car is around $1000. New windshield if the crack is too large, paint, rust repair, etc. That stupid paint chip is there because of bondo, so there was obviously some kind of rust repair.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
And I think it doesn't even have a/c and power steering, so keep that in mind.

Sent from my phone

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
If you really like it, then go take a look at it. Couldn't hurt. Make a small detailed list of what to look for of pros and cons. But I'm sure you can find something much cleaner/better shape than that eg.

Mike61096

If you really like it, then go take a look at it. Couldn't hurt. Make a small detailed list of what to look for of pros and cons. But I'm sure you can find something much cleaner/better shape than that eg.
I do like it, but the things that are wrong with it almost outweigh the good. I just really want to ditch my EM2 before winter so I don't end up buying snow tires for a car I don't want to keep.

cvcrcr99

There is no p/s on that. Missing the reservoir and all the pumps etc on the front driver corner of the bay.

You understand that the B20 is not fast at all right? A 30 hp/20tq change is not going to make a world of a difference.

Looks like bondo work on the eg is cracking. I say no to the trade, drive slow and comfy. Save for something faster later.

Last edited:

Mike61096

There is no p/s on that. Missing the reservoir and all the pumps etc on the front driver corner of the bay.

You understand that the B20 is not fast at all right? A 30 hp/20tq change is not going to make a world of a difference.

Looks like bondo work on the eg is cracking. I say no to the trade, drive slow and comfy. Save for something faster later.
Ok. No big deal

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2