trade for Prelude?

cooki3monstr

snarf
so i found this guy who wants to trade me his 1995 honda prelude for my acura integra. heres a breakdown of each car

im sure some of you have seen my thread or know of my integra, its in good conidtion and is well maintained. it has 122,444 miles, a scrape in the bumper and the fender is bent in a little. the interior is in great condition, with the exception of some stain on the plastic piece in the middle of the two back seats.

this guy has a 95 lude that has a swapped JDM H22A. the car has 158,000 miles and the swap has like 63,000. its a 5spd, and has a dented fender and some rust in a hood bracket, which is nothing. other than that, interior is in good shape as well as the exterior, with an exception to the dent.

though ive learned a lot, im still in-experienced when it comes to whats good and what to stay away from. help me out? should i go through with this or no?

Last edited:

cooki3monstr

snarf
haha, 5spd>automatic, and i like preludes...especially the 4th gens.
i just need to know if this sounds ok, not what car you like more. thanks though

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
oh...i missed the 5 speed parts... does he have all the recipts? i mean if its something you want i guess its not a bad swap

cooki3monstr

snarf
the guy who had it before him did the swap. so im pretty sure he doesnt have the reciepts. but he did say theres 63k on the motor. i mean, i hear the jdm h22a is the swap to do with a lude, but idk. thats why im asking everyone here

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I personally like that model of Prelude. But I also like Integras. The decision lies in your hands, what car would you rather have? I would be likely to do it if it was a USDM 94-96 Prelude VTEC. I just don't trust other peoples swaps, what that engine may have been through during it's life in Japan and US. Plus the Prelude VTEC has all of the options that I would want. A base model Prelude isn't very inticing, H22 or not.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I like the interior, dash and gauges of that model Prelude. My bestfriends brother used to have a 94 VTEC when I was like 15. Milano Red with two tone red and black leather interior. He had a bunch of stuff done to that car so I've always kinda liked them. That car is just kind of implanted in my memory, I guess that's why I like them. Plus it's one of the fastest FWD USDM Honda's ever built.

cooki3monstr

snarf
oh ok. yeah i mean, that sounds really nice. but i doubt im going to find someone who has a prelude vtec, let alone someone who wants to trade it for my car.

cooki3monstr

snarf
updated, the swap has 63k on it!
ok thanks samurai_blue. i really like them too, just doin a ton of reading on them now and theyre pretty nice

J_Jay_B

teg driver
i would atleast have to see pics of both cars, and do a side by side comparison to be honest, both are fast cars, and one has a JDM engine swap. that is good or bad... if everything was done right then its good, but if short cuts were taken in the process, then it could lead to catastrophic failure, and then you will be kicking urself in the ass for trading a teg.

also straight up trades are sometime a lil bit sketchy, because if he came to you then he might just want to get rid of that car, and he would instantly have another car available with no problems ( like his old car)

i say no... sorry i had to think thru text for awhile but atleast now you see where my decision has come from... looks sketchy to me. just my 2 cents tho