Trading help. yes im a car newb

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Whats wrong with your car? I bought mine (96 GS-R Sedan) a few months ago with 176k miles for $4500. Not to mention it had problems that the seller obviously didn't tell me about. So, did I get ripped off or what?

Please, don't trade your Teg for a shitty and slow civic.
Lol nothing was wrong with it. I was just looking for a quick sale. But its now off of Craigslist and my project will now begin. I'm glad j posted on here I didn't realize the value of my car

Cripton805

Yeah man I started searching around last night. And reading on gsrs and all the mods that can be done to them. I shoulda known better than to post something like this haha. Actually I'm glad I did. Right now I'm searching for some nice total rims. I have now gained the love back for my gsr thanks a mill everyone for talking sense into my head.
Hey bro,
Check out JDM Stuff. We are always glad to have fellow members join the group. Just please Zero Rice... It gives the rest of us Honda / Acura owners a bad name.

You should stick to smaller rims like 15's and 16's due to the fact that it will look nicer in the public eye and you'll get more compliments. There are plenty of replica rims to choose from or if you have the money go for name brands.

Rota
Drag
Spun
Enkei
Volk
BBS
etc...

Check out these JDM Videos. Theyre my favorite. The 2nd video is of a JDM Front DC2... epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY8wcZpArME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2jKoIWP9QY

Last edited:

Cripton805

Bro I forgot to mention, just imagine how lucky you are to have a clean, all stock, good condition DC2? It's hard enough to find a clean reliable DC4 Nowadays (B18B), just think about a clean title, good condition DC2...

I drove 6 hrs away for mine and I searched for weeks to find the perfect one. I was almost going to settle for an LS right before I found my GSR.!

Also, forget about the blue book because DC2's are priced to whatever you want them to be... People will pay for something they want. Milage doesn't mean a thing in an Integra. I'd rather get a 200k integra over a 50k modded integra thats been raped to hell. Compression and quality is what matters. Also, engine swaps are pretty cheap. You figure about less than 2k for a very low milage JDM engine with installation if the rest of your other parts are still good. Like tranny, etc...

Last edited:

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Bro I forgot to mention, just imagine how lucky you are to have a clean, all stock, good condition DC2? It's hard enough to find a clean reliable DC4 Nowadays (B18B), just think about a clean title, good condition DC2...

I drove 6 hrs away for mine and I searched for weeks to find the perfect one. I was almost going to settle for an LS right before I found my GSR.!

Also, forget about the blue book because DC2's are priced to whatever you want them to be... People will pay for something they want. Milage doesn't mean a thing in an Integra. I'd rather get a 200k integra over a 50k modded integra thats been raped to hell. Compression and quality is what matters. Also, engine swaps are pretty cheap. You figure about less than 2k for a very low milage JDM engine with installation if the rest of your other parts are still good. Like tranny, etc...
Dude you are the shizzle. The second video was tiiight dude!!! Well again I'm very glad I posted this thread. I'm just happy I didn't get flamed for it haha. Hopefully ill have some new pics up soon with my coilovers and rims. I'm seriously looking at these rotas right here http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=400179012659&index=7&nav=SEARCH&nid=14979976631

Again thanks for the realization!!!!

Cripton805

Dude you are the shizzle. The second video was tiiight dude!!! Well again I'm very glad I posted this thread. I'm just happy I didn't get flamed for it haha. Hopefully ill have some new pics up soon with my coilovers and rims. I'm seriously looking at these rotas right here http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=400179012659&index=7&nav=SEARCH&nid=14979976631

Again thanks for the realization!!!!
Jmags are one of my favorite wheels. Good Choice! :thumbs up

Keep in mind that tires for 16's are going to be more expensive than on the 15's. So if you're a baller on a budget, 15's might be the way to go. Also, lowering the car will make whatever rims you get look bigger. Unless you plan to keep your DC at stock height, just about any size rims will look wack. Be careful on lowering your car. Research on camber wear or you'll be going through sets of tires like crazy!!!!!!!
BUY THE WHEELS AS A SET OF 4! You'll end up saving money. Don't buy the wheels separate or you'll likely spend like $100 bucks more. I noticed that they we're being sold per wheel. Tire / Wheel packages are also wayyyy cheaper. Contact the seller or just search "rota tires". They're cheaper because the rims already come mounted and balanced. They also cut the price on the set of 4 rims and 4 tires because you're not paying seperate. They usually provide locking nuts too and free shipping!

or heres a link to one I found for a decent price, but they're 15's. The picture has a 5 lug, but the description says 4x100.
If you go with 15's go with tire size 195-50-15. They will look nicer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-ROTA-J-MAG-RIM-4X100-WHEEL-TIRES-MR2-YARIS-ECHO-FIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem519616aeb3QQitemZ350410419891QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Installed my tein SS coilovers today checks it out. I didn't wanna lower it too low right now because I don't have my cambers yet. Does it matter what kind I get? Do I have to get both front and rear?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cripton805

Installed my tein SS coilovers today checks it out. I didn't wanna lower it too low right now because I don't have my cambers yet. Does it matter what kind I get? Do I have to get both front and rear?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
That's some good suspension. I don't know about the DC's on camber wear because I haven't lowered mine "yet". I had major camber wear on my old DA when I lowered it. I only want to lower my DC about 2" to around TypeR height because I couldn't go to any shopping center or any speed bump before. :lol:

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Naa sorry bro no trades. I'm gonna hold on to this bad boy. ever since I posted this retarded thread the guys here made me open my eyes and realize what I had. it would be a pretty good trade but I just dropped a hit of Kong into the car already. annd I plan on adding more. now I'm still stuck on the cambers thing if someone can answer that that would be great I wanna order it before ky tires are worn down .