tranmission swap

xXIntegraLSXx

Alex Mendez
ok ima looking for a transmision to convert from auto to manual . I was wondering if I can put a GSR
Tranny on a LS ? I just want my build to be all LS no LSVtec. Thanks guys!

Tegge monster..

i just went from manual ls tranny to a 98 gsr trany n i love it the gears are shorter n on the freeway at 80 mph in tacking 4 grand which is cool considering i was at 3.2 on my ls tranny.
all and all the gsr tranny is a good choice tranny strong n built to race ,haha
96 integra ls jdm b20b swap running gsr tranny<throttle body... runs great......

TeAM REleNtLeSS.....

xXIntegraLSXx

Alex Mendez
Thanks cuz i currently have like 500 dollars so ima get a gst tranny One more question will i need to buy a gsr ecu or what?

Rich-PMS

you'll also need the clutch pedal, hydro line OR cable (depends which year trans you get)

500$ will not get you a full 5spd swap. a clutch and flywheel is 300 alone..

96PurpGS-R

LOLUMAD?
you'll also need the clutch pedal, hydro line OR cable (depends which year trans you get)

I heard that the cable in a cable tranny tends to stretch after a while. So, definitely go with a hydro. Then with hydro you run into leaks from the clutch slave/master cylinder. I think after 93' Honda stopped using cable trannys.

xXIntegraLSXx

Alex Mendez
my integra is a 94 . and im currently saving right but i just want to start buying things lil by lil so when i have everything it will be ready to go. you know where i can find a cheap gsr trans

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.

i asked a local shop how much was for a tranny swap in general and not just hondas/acuras.

though they aren't the best around, they still averaged the prices from $800 to $1500 NOT including labor.

Surferman

i asked a local shop how much was for a tranny swap in general and not just hondas/acuras.

though they aren't the best around, they still averaged the prices from $800 to $1500 NOT including labor.
Those prices are about right. I have reasearched. it all depends on what new stuff you get and used stuff. alot of things you can get from forums, ebay, junkyards.

Heres a part list depending on if you want to do it right:
1. The trans.
2. Linkage rod assembly (any 94-01 teg)
3. Manual trans. console
4. Shifter and knob
5. Manual ECU
6. Pedal assembly (94-01 civic or teg)
7. Clutch slave and master cylinders
8. Clutch fluid container
9. Clutch hard lines and hoses
10. Flywheel and bolts
11. Clutch set with alignment tool and throw out bearing.
12. Manual intermediate shaft (94-01 teg, 95-97 delsol, 99-01 civic)
13. Rear trans. mount bracket for manual trans. (94-01 teg only!)
14. Front trans. mount bracket for manual trans.
15. After re welding the bracket on chassis, a top tran. mount for manual trans. (94-01 teg)
16. Starter for manual trans.
17. Lots of spare bolts and nuts
18. Air tools
19. GM syncromesh #12345349, 3 quarts.

I got the pedal assembly and shift linkage. I was gonna do the swap but ended up spending money on other things.